Stoughton Trailers is looking for employees who are interested in becoming welders at our Brodhead plant. If you have previous welding experience, you may be able to test out of weld school by passing the hands-on welding test. If you do not test out, you may still qualify to become a welder by going through our weld school training program. Successful employees would fill upcoming welder openings in various departments. Please contact Human Resources with any questions.
1) Weld school training is 4 days and will be held in Stoughton on first shift from 5:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
2) Upon successful completion of the 40-hour classroom training, graduates are given hands-on welding training in Plant 7 departments with openings and follow a progressive pay scale which has been put in place for this program.
3) Students need the following equipment before reporting to weld school: protective leathers, hood/helmet, welding gloves and needle-nose pliers. Stoughton Trailers will supply welding equipment.
4) Students must be clean shaven the first day of weld school because they will be fit-tested for a respirator. Students will also be required to pass a spirometry test. They will be contacted through Human Resources prior to weld school to set up an appointment with the Company Medical Clinic.
5) Candidates for weld school are chosen based on their work record at Stoughton Trailers, including, but not limited to, attendance and appraisal history.