As a VP, Wealth Consultant at Charles Schwab, you will have a strong focus on delivering an excellent client experience for UHNW individuals and family members. Working in a team setting, the Wealth Consultant supports our clients' wealth management needs, including but not limited to: financial planning, estate planning, investment management, retirement planning, education planning, active trading, banking, insurance, and lending needs. The Wealth Consultant will:
- Support a practice of Schwab clients who are family or associates of UHNW clients within the Wealth Services offering
- Work closely with VP, Sr. Wealth Consultants, and other partners to cultivate relationships with the next generation of clients and become their Trusted Advisor
- Partner with specialists to offer wealth management solutions including banking, lending, trust services, and advanced planning
- Demonstrate proficiency in deepening relationships with clients, from engagement and discovery to gaining commitment and ongoing service
What you are good at
- Results driven, highly motivated self-starter who possesses integrity, a strong work ethic, and a passion for helping clients plan for their financial goals and objectives
- Establishing relationships with families to extend the relationship beyond the primary investor
- Uncover client needs and advise on next steps, aligning to the next generation's priorities
- Able to adjust style of communication to best connect with others
- Understands life event triggers for clients and the impact they have on wealth management decisions and strategy; proven ability to probe clients for life event triggers and provide financial advice accordingly
- Remains flexible in changing environmental, economic, and client need scenarios; proven experience demonstrating the ability to lead change within self and others
- Exhibits wealth management and investment products expertise including equities, fixed income, mutual funds, retirement plans, equity compensation, stock options and annuities
- Demonstrated ability to select appropriate solutions for clients and seeks collaboration with teammates and partners to deliver those solutions
- Knows how to follow the proper risk, supervision, and controls guidelines to deliver the best outcomes for clients. Exhibits strong culture of compliance and adherence to Schwab policy
What you have
- Bachelor's degree required
- Professional designations/certifications (e.g., CFP, CWS, CFA, MBA, CHFC, CPWA) preferred
- Active & valid FINRA Series 7 license required
- Active & valid FINRA Series 66 (63/65) license required (may be obtained within 90 days of employment)
- Active & valid Life & Health insurance (may be obtained within 90 days of employment)
- 7+ years industry experience
Pursuant to SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the NMLS registry system and remain in good standing. You will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.