Excellent opportunity for an Orthopaedic surgeon to join Desert Orthopedics in sunny Central Oregon. We are seeking an orthopedic surgeon that has capability and interest in Ortho trauma to share call coverage in the dedicated ortho trauma rooms at St. Charles Health System and also has an interest and ability to perform Foot & Ankle in an outpatient/inpatient setting. St. Charles, the regional Level II Trauma Center in Central Oregon and 4 hospital system, staffs and provides an additional stipend for the Orthopedic Trauma call.
You will be joining a team of 15 Physicians, 10 Advanced Practice Providers and a superb office staff that services two hospitals and offers a full array of ancillary services. The orthopedic surgeon team includes general orthopedic surgeons, Total Joints, Sports Medicine, Pediatric Orthopedics, Spine, Hand, Foot and Ankle and Trauma surgeons. Desert Orthopedics has 3 office locations with the ability to perform outpatient surgery at 2 ASCs and local resources for physical and occupational therapy. Additionally, many of our physicians partner with the local high schools and the Olympic ski team on Mt Bachelor.
Experienced providers preferred, but Fellows completing in 2023 will also be considered.
- Highly competitive compensation
- 4 - 4.5 day workweek
- Sign-On / Relocation / or Loan Repayment Stipends
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (health, life, vision, dental)
- Paid time off, paid malpractice insurance, 401K / Roth Program
- Physician autonomy
- Annual professional expense allowance & CME stipend
- Professional Licensure and DEA Certificate expense reimbursement
Bend offers the very best in year-round outdoor life and recreation, and is a favorite vacation destination for many. Mt. Bachelor, 20 minutes from downtown Bend, is the premier destination ski resort in the state of Oregon, where there are also numerous Nordic trails and snow mobile parks.
Summer sports include hiking, climbing at Smith Rock, fishing (lake and river), mountain biking, river sports, and over two-dozen golf courses are within a 45-minute radius. The public school system is strong, and there are private school options at all grade levels. There is a strong community college, and Oregon State University just launched the Cascades Campus, a full four-year university, also offering some graduate programs. A terrific regional airport in nearby Redmond provides numerous daily shuttles to Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Denver and Chicago.
Desert Orthopedics is part of Praxis Health, the largest independent medical group in Oregon. Praxis is a family of primary care and specialty clinics providing accessible and quality health care throughout the state of Oregon.
Praxis Health is a well-established provider of health care services in the state of Oregon. We are not big-box health care, rather a family of medical clinics throughout the state, providing a small clinic environment, uncommon provider autonomy, and an umbrella of administrative support services - it's the best of all worlds. Medicine the way you like it!
To submit your CV, or for more information, please contact Shannon Lynch, Provider and Medical Recruitment, Praxis Health, sklynch@
Provider will adhere to the following:
- The executed employment agreement, outlining detailed expectations for performance and conduct.
- Praxis Health is required to mandate the COVID-19 vaccination for all employees and this will be required as a condition of employment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, reasonable accommodations will be fairly considered.
- Board certification or board eligible
- Fellowship trained Orthopedic Trauma with a special interest in Foot/ankle
- Experienced providers, as well as residents are encouraged to apply.
Praxis Health is the Pacific Northwest's leading independent healthcare network, providing the highest levels of individualized patient care.
With a mission to improve the health and well-being of our community, we are committed to providing outstanding and compassionate care.
It all starts with putting patients and families at the forefront. Our efforts focus not only on providing exceptional patient care when it is needed, but also on the wellness services and community outreach that engage and empower the people we serve to take charge of their health.
All delivered by a team of mission driven physicians, employees and administrators - the best minds and the biggest hearts - to help ensure the safest, highest quality of care for all.
For more, please click here: https://youtu.be/MrNWtn42prY
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings.
Praxis Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.