Interpath Laboratory is accepting highly detail-oriented and critically thinking candidates for an entry level Lab Associate I (Blood Banking) role based at their prestigious primary reference lab in Pendleton, OR where they will work alongside a large team of professionals committed to serving patients by providing timely and accurate results to healthcare providers.
Interpath will provide on the job training to individuals who have earned their Bachelors Degree in a physical, chemical, or biological science discipline and encourage new graduates to apply. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door and then pursue remote schooling toward earning a Med Tech certification with one our higher education partners.
Check out this video about what it's like working at Interpath https://youtu.be/iMaXUt6s9rg
- Ensures accurate and timely testing of collected specimens.
- Assists MT's and MLT's in performing tests within the areas of Blood Banking.
- Assists in operating complex automated laboratory equipment, electronic equipment, computer software, and precision instruments. Provide trouble-shooting on such instruments as far as possible.
- Participates in some aspects of proficiency testing.
- Understands and adheres to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to assure patient confidentiality.
- Actively participates in departmental quality assurance monitoring.
- Follows all established improved quality (I.Q.) protocols.
- Follows established safety protocols.
- Performs other work related duties as the needs of the team evolve.
- Accepts results as training and complexity allows.
This position is based at Interpath's primary reference lab in Pendleton, OR and has an attractive schedule of Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm. You'll work alongside a large team of professionals committed to serving patients by providing timely and accurate results to healthcare providers.
About Pendleton: Small town living at its best, Pendleton, Oregon is the perfect Western community to call home. Known for its friendly neighbors, beautiful landscapes and abundant outdoor activities. The region offers the kind of lifestyle the Northwest is famous for, and is paradise for outdoor enthusiasts, and includes hiking, boating, cycling, white water rafting, hunting and fishing. You'll find affordable living, as well as an active art scene, museums, restaurants, brew pubs, golf courses, and a regional airport that offers daily commercial flights to Portland.
Candidate must comply with all state, local and federal rules, guidelines and requirements with respect to safety and health. This includes, but is not limited to any mandates with respect to the COVID-19 virus, such as PPE, testing, or vaccination rules, absent a legally recognized need for accommodation. Such accommodation requests should be promptly submitted to HR and will be reviewed and approved based on the circumstances presented.
Education: Bachelors degree in chemical, physical or biological science
Interpath Laboratory, Inc. is a family owned & operated, clinical and anatomic pathology laboratory with over 90 locations in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. We are the Northwest's leading, innovative laboratory company dedicated to providing, rapid, reliable, and economical laboratory testing services and pride ourselves on building a vibrant work culture where building relationships, teamwork, curiosity, and positive attitudes are at the core! From a comprehensive benefits package to an ever evolving learning and development program which fosters career growth - we truly value our employees and are very proud of the work family that we have built since 1967.
In addition to 'above average' market compensation, Interpath also has a comprehensive benefits package. Benefit Highlights:
- Laboratory discounts for in house testing
- Medical with In-Network & Custom Network discounts (No cost for employee only coverage)
- Dental (No cost for employee only coverage)
- 401(K) with discretionary employer match
- Paid Time Off
Technical Assistants must wear appropriate protective gear (lab coat, gloves, goggles, and face shield) at all times while in the lab and are regularly exposed to infection by handling potentially infectious samples. Physical requirements, in addition to willingness & ability to wear protective gear while working, are:
- Ability to stand for extended period of times
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Mobility to climb stairs on a regular basis
- Must be able to distinguish color and pass vision acuity test
- Laboratory setting includes numerous automated machines that make humming and beeping sounds.
- High level of staff activity and interaction in relatively close proximity.
- Must be able to hear in order to monitor alarms and respond to any safety hazards in a timely manner.
- Regularly exposed to infection by handling potentially infectious samples.
- Wearing appropriate protective gear: Lab coat, gloves, goggles, and face shield.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, crawl, bend and twist as needed.
- Requires walking on non-level surfaces, inside and outside the office, throughout the day.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Ability to work long hours, and overtime, as needed.
OSHA Category: This position performs tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids and/or tissues. All employees performing these duties are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis-B vaccination series.
EOE Disabled/Veteran: Interpath Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity Disabled / Veteran Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.