Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
The AAA Four Diamond award-winning Chaminade Resort & Spa is a spectacular mountaintop retreat in Santa Cruz. Our historic Mission-style resort overlooks sweeping views of Monterey Bay and the Santa Cruz Mountains. Chaminade is a luxurious destination for executive meetings, celebrations and getaways. Enjoy color palettes inspired by California coast, contemporary Spanish furnishings, and world-class amenities. Chaminade is just five minutes from golf courses, the beach and downtown Santa Cruz. Escape to a haven of unsurpassed service.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
We are looking for individuals with great attention to detail to join our kitchen team as a Steward. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic and tremendous attention to detail, in the care they take in maintaining the cleanliness of the hotel's kitchen areas. This role truly is part of the Heart of the House and provides key services for culinary and food service teams so they can provide great service to our guests.
Are you ready to start a rewarding career, where you can Be the Difference in our guests stay and you can make a difference in your career, then look no further then Benchmark Hospitality.
- You will have the opportunity to interact with team members and create a positive and upbeat work environment
- You will maintain a daily sanitation log for both dish machine and manual pot wash sink
- You will ensure the work areas are left ready and communicate any items that are not ready
- You will lead our Green initiatives by properly recycling all cardboard using the compactor
- You will also be energy conscious and turn off lights when not in use keeps water faucets turned off and reports any leaks to a supervisor
- You will be a key player in safety by paying close attention to specific high traffic areas to avoid accidents, slips, trips, and falls
- You will use proper dish and glass racks to ensure proper cleaning and avoid chips, cracks, or breakage of small wares
- You will use your time wisely and proactively clean and sanitize all equipment in slow times to maintain a clean, organized, and sanitary environment
- You will have the opportunity to learn different tasks within the kitchen and develop new skills
- You will be part of a team and be able to assist in other areas when business levels dictate
- You will provide a genuine level of engagement with all guests and fellow crew members with a sincere smile
What are we looking for?
- Someone with housekeeping experience desirable
- Someone who has an engaging and pleasant personality who likes to meet new people
- Someone who knows how to use their time wisely to accomplish tasks
- Someone with the ability to work on feet for an extended period
- Someone who can communicate effectively
- Someone who has the ability to move, traverse, position self to reach corners on floors and high places; observe conditions, detect odors, position and navigate carts weighing up to 100 lbs in tight spaces; operate equipment including spray bottles, vacuums, mops, brooms, dust pans, scrub pads and dusters.
- Someone who is comfortable to lift, carry and position loads of at least 25lbs.
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.