US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: Secret
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time Description
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our worlds biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems (NGDS) is looking for a Software Engineer
based out of either Hollywood, MD or Oklahoma City, OK
to be part of one of our Agile Scrum teams working on a long term and funded state-of-the-art classified Mission Planning System.
The Software Engineer will implement solutions across the full stack (.NET C# application, windows services, and Web Services) to develop new application features in an Agile development environment.
The ideal candidate will take ownership of challenging problems, design and implement creative solutions, while working in a collaborative team environment. It is critical that the candidate understand the software development life cycle and have an in-depth knowledge of software design and implementation.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and be able to collaborate in team settings across all levels. Responsibilities Include:
- Design and implement solutions for advanced Mission Planning Systems.
- Work with object-oriented programming, design patterns, pub-sub messaging, Web Services (REST, gRPC, graphQL), XML and related technologies.
- Develop, document, test, optimize, and debug software applications and systems that contain advanced algorithms and data structures.
- Develop and debug complex, multithreaded applications, with extensive server-client communication.
- SQL database development and interaction.
- Research and collaborate with other engineers in planning, design, and implementation.
- 9 Years with Bachelors; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- 7 years of work experience in any of the following: Java, C/C++, or C#
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Clearance and Special Access Program (SAP) is required.
- Proficiency in C#, WPF, XAML, and MVVM
- Experience with Atlassian Suite (Jira/Confluence/Crucible/Bitbucket)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong interpersonal and analytic skills; Works well in a team-environment
- Previous in-depth domain knowledge of software design and development
- Familiarity with XML, XSLT, and XSD schemas
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Design, Software Design Patterns, and UML diagrams
- RESTful API development experience, with unit testing
- Security+ Certification
- Current DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Current SCI/SAP access
Salary Range: $102,900.00 - $188,600.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.