Sr Financial Analyst - FIN001339 FORECASTING / BUDGETING
- Contribute to business planning, budgeting and expenditure forecasting processes.
- Apply basic modeling, forecasting and planning techniques to develop cost and revenue forecasts with drivers identified and explained.
- Review financial results and identify key variances from budgets or forecasts.
- Recognize and interpret the main elements of financial statements and reports.
- Extract and deliver department, business unit, and/or enterprise-wide reports; present to nonfinancial stakeholders.
- Prepare and provide accurate and timely financial data, where appropriate, for inclusion in the financial control process.
- Use financial ratio and metric analysis in evaluating U.S. Cellular's performance and its financial state.
- Prepare profit and loss, economic value added, and cash flow analysis to enable decision-making.
- Interpret and provide analysis of financial information and link to business unit strategy and operational performance.
- Analyze business results and identify internal and external factors that have an impact on performance and analyses of market and industry trends/results.
- Extrapolate and evaluate risk in FP&A scenarios.
- Participate in various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting and analysis.
- Provide analytical and consultative input to monthly and quarterly internal reports and analyses.
- Leverage financial analysis to influence and drive action within finance.
- Provide trend and data analysis to inform, corroborate, and assess reasonableness and significance of financial assumptions.
- Prepare, analyze, and report actual results against project and business unit operating plans including but not limited to monthly rolling forecasts, cost/profit analysis, present / future valuations, etc.
- Analyze and report on budget forecast and actual financial results, coordinating monthly analysis of consolidated income statement.
- Perform multiple financial cost analyses and preparation of financial reports and contractual deliverables.
- Develop detailed expense analysis and coordinating short-term forecast at various levels.
- Ability to analyze, consolidate, interpret, and communicate financial data and results.
- Ability to prepare and present financial data and variance explanations to stakeholders.
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting, methods policies and procedures.
- Proficient in applying problem resolution techniques.
- MBA or Master's degree.
- Two (2) or more years progressively responsible related work experience.
: Finance Location(s)
: Illinois-CHICAGO_IL Wisconsin-MADISON_WI, Wisconsin-BROOKFIELD_WI U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.