Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, theres countless opportunities at your fingertips.
Were growing; grow with us.
Day to day
With minimal guidance, act as part of a team to process transactions in accordance with Service Level Agreements. Follow appropriate accounting, finance and/or Human Resources policies and procedures in assigned function. Identify discrepancies, clear errors, and perform root-cause analysis on payroll, benefits and HR transactional activities within payroll. Lead the continuous improvement of all areas in process scope. Contribute to the tracking and report specific Service Level Agreement requirements and metrics.
- Timely and accurately process payroll and vendor payments
- Be the SME (subject matter expert) for payroll and related systems
- Provide customer support to Hotels, Reservations, and corporate teams for escalated issues, identifying trends and future opportunities.
- Independently troubleshoot payroll inquiries and notify manager of options to resolve challenges.
- Independently work with payroll and other vendors to ensure that all services are delivered to agreed costs and Service Level Agreements.
- Independently identify process/system challenges including resolving system-wide user issues with vendor.
- Ensure that all processes meet internal audit standards as well as SSAE standards, working to support any external audit requests.
- Assist system users with entry, audits, and reconciliation.
- Independently own error research, identify discrepancies, clear errors, and perform root-cause analysis to make recommendations for system/process changes or payroll transactional activities to prevent recurrence.
- Escalate issues as needed with suggestions for resolution.
- Working with the AMER HR team, Compensation and Benefits, and the Global HR Shared Services team, identify opportunities to facilitate process improvements to deliver improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Drive change through communication, documentation, and feedback.
- Independently create ad hoc reports as needed outside of standard as requested. Use reports and data to look for process improvements and system issues.
- Share best practices and learnings (formal and informal) to improve service delivery.
- Proven process improvements
- Ability to meet accounting and reporting deadlines
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. Certification in US payroll would be an advantage CPP or FPC
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- 3 5 years in Human Resources/HRIS/Financial Accounting/Payroll roles
- Experience of working in a multi-state environment
- Experience working with payroll vendors
- In-house payroll experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of HR Information systems Knowledge of Time and Attendance solutions Knowledge of US Payroll and other AMERICAs countries services Technical expertise in systems reporting tools Project and change management Demonstrates clear, concise, and succinct communication skills including adapting both verbal and written communication to the needs and level of the user
Well reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and youll become part of the global IHG family and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants