Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark Hospitality is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit
Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally
through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
Company wide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
Paid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
Employee family events (bring the kids!)
Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and
Dish to name a few
Many more, please inquire for more details
Nestled on the shores of Lake Lanier lies Lanier Island Resort - an island destination spread out across 1200 acres unlike any resort in Georgia. Our property features 282 guest rooms, indoor/outdoor meeting spaces, golf course, multiple dining options, nature trails, and other points of interest.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead a culinary team in fast paced Bar and Grill outlet. Works along with and/or directly supervises kitchen staff in the preparation of all foods
- Manage and ensure standards are being followed; delegate work to ensure optimum team efficiency.
- Ensure quality and consistency of food product in accordance with established standards while maintaining acceptable costs, minimal waste and superior quality
- Assists the F&B Purchaser with monthly inventories
- Takes a pro-active role in the ongoing organization and sanitation of work area
- Advises F&B Purchaser as to needed products for ordering purposes on a daily basis
- Develops daily specials for offering in restaurant and bar
- Develops line of communication with front of the house management and staff with daily line-ups and other opportunities
- Handle with the assistance from the Executive Chef all staff disciplinary issues Establishes training standards, prep standards for all stations of the kitchen
- Develop and implement new menus based on trending concepts, locally available product, seasonality and viability
- Will assist other culinary managers when necessary in order to better serve member/guests throughout the department
- Reports all daily events including guest complaints, engineering issues, purchasing needs and associate concerns via daily recaps
- Take part in regular department meetings
- Follows up on health inspection report to take corrective actions when and where necessary
- Submits ideas for future goals, operational improvements and personnel management to the Executive Chef
- Performs all other duties as assigned by employer.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years in volume restaurant or Resort Culinary operation as kitchen manager, hotel sous chef or restaurant chef
- Graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- Has or is able to achieve Food Safety Manager certification
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, associates and managers
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to use taste, touch and smell. The employee is often required to walk, hear and talk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
What are we looking for?
- The Sous Chef would ideally be a college graduate in the culinary arts.
- Be familiar with basic and advance cooking method.
- Must be able to work long hours including weekends and holidays.
- Have a 3+ years' experience as a cook in a high volume professional kitchen
- Must have basic allergy knowledge
- Must have full knowledge of correct cooking temperatures of all vegetables and proteins, must be able to provide cutting tools needed to perform job as well as a calibrated food grade thermometer.
- Active Food handler's certification
- Requires strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- At least 21 years of age
- Have a desire to exceed expectations
- An energetic personality
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.