Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.
If you are a Colorado resident, Please Contact us or Email us at to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job ID: 150230 in the subject line of the email. Responsibilities
Financials Solution Engineer Job Description:
If you would enjoy solving customer problems leveraging the best solutions available in the market, then read on. Oracle is the worlds leading Cloud Applications provider, and is moving aggressively to expand market share. The person who secures this open Solution Engineer position will contribute to one of the most important transformations in the history of Oracle. Would you like to be a part of that?
We are seeking an energetic individual to provide pre-sales support for our Cloud ERP solutions, which include Financials, Indirect Procurement and Projects. The right person must be a highly motivated individual with the industry experience and the aptitude/interest to learn these offerings in-depth and position them with credibility to both existing new customers in competitive evaluations. The position involves a variety of pre-sales tasks, one of the most of which is delivering compelling demonstrations that address the prospects requirements in a way that leaves the customer eager to move forward with Oracle.
As the Financials domain expert, you will be responsible for not only supporting standalone Financials opportunities, but also working with peers on larger opportunities that include other solution components. You will conduct the full range of pre-sales activities, which include the following: respond to RFPs; meet with functional stakeholders to understand their current processes and objectives for change; leverage and share industry best practices when formulating and discussing solutions to customer issues; extract value drivers to formulate points of view regarding return on investment; and deliver compelling demos. Through these interactions, you will create for the customer a vision for a better tomorrow with Oracles solutions. Beyond deals, you will also work with Sales on account analysis and strategy to drive new demand for Oracles offerings.
While deep knowledge of Oracle Financials will be the foundation of your work, over time you will also be responsible for related applications, including indirect Procurement and/or Projects.
Financials Solution Engineer Product Coverage Tasks
- Build and maintain expert-level knowledge of Oracle Financials functionality and the related underlying architecture. After establishing this foundation of knowledge for Financials, expand your coverage with Indirect Procurement and/or Projects.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest Cloud Financials capabilities -- along with the solutions future roadmap.
- Interact with customer stakeholders across various Finance-related business flows including Record-to-Report, Procure-to-Pay, and Order-to-Cash in order to convey how Oracles solution can improve their operations.
- Answer RFIs and RFPs to represent Oracle Cloud solutions in the most favorable light possible.
- Identify gaps in the Oracle solution and formulate alternative approaches to addressing the related requirements.
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations and world-class demos that address complex business problems including overviews, end-to-end flows, and role-based day-in-the-life scenarios.
- Explain the touch points between Oracle Financials and other related Oracle solutions, including Risk Management, Procurement, Projects, and Supply Chain Management.
- Capture value drivers during discussions with customers in order to quantify potential return on investment.
- Learn reference stories and position as proof points during opportunity pursuit.
- Convey clearly, with conviction, the benefits and differentiators of Oracles solutions.
- Mentor other SEs who are learning the solutions for which you are a recognized expert.
- Support demand generation activities related to the products you cover by delivering presentations and demonstrations and multi-customer venues.
Financials Solution Engineer Other Tasks
In addition to the Product Coverage tasks listed above, the job will also include the following:
- Contribute to various non-deal related projects associated with the solutions you support.
- Collaborate with your peers to ensure that we are leveraging and sharing best practices across the broader Oracle SE community.
- Create and maintain relationships with Other Oracle stakeholders like Oracle Product Marketing, Development, and Strategy along with partners who implement Oracle Cloud solutions.
- Maintain a positive, enthusiastic disposition during all internal events and customer interactions.
- Be resourceful and creative. Try new, innovative approaches and techniques.
Financials Solution Engineer Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience with packaged applications software (e.g., pre-sales, internal corporate use, delivery).
- 3+ years of pre-sales experience preferred.
- Strong Finance background preferred
- Experience with Oracle Applications and/or competitive solutions preferred.
- 1 year of project management or solution architect experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Results-driven self-starter with the ability to work independently and thrive in a competitive environment.
Financials Solution Engineer Education
About Us Diversity and Inclusion:
- Bachelors degree required
- Masters degree preferred
- CPA or equivalent professional certifications preferred
An Oracle career can span industries, roles, Countries and cultures, giving you the opportunity to flourish in new roles and innovate, while blending work life in. Oracle has thrived through 40+ years of change by innovating and operating with integrity while delivering for the top companies in almost every industry.
In order to nurture the talent that makes this happen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that celebrates and values diverse insights and perspectives, a workforce that inspires thought leadership and innovation.
Oracle offers a highly competitive suite of Employee Benefits designed on the principles of parity, consistency, and affordability. The overall package includes certain core elements such as Medical, Life Insurance, access to Retirement Planning, and much more. We also encourage our employees to engage in the culture of giving back to the communities where we live and do business.
At Oracle, we believe that innovation starts with diversity and inclusion and to create the future we need talent from various backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to successfully participate in the job application, interview process, and in potential roles. to perform crucial job functions.
Thats why were committed to creating a workforce where all individuals can do their best work. Its when everyones voice is heard and valued that were inspired to go beyond whats been done before. Disclaimer:
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law. Which includes being a United States Affirmative Action Employer