Dandy is transforming the massive ($200B) but antiquated dental industry. Backed by some of the world's leading venture capital investors, we are on an ambitious mission to integrate and simplify every function of the dental practice through technology. By building the operating system for every dental office in America, Dandy is empowering dentists with technology, innovation, and world-class support to achieve more for their practice, their people, and their patients.About The Role
Dandy is hiring Senior Software Engineers to join our rapidly scaling technology organization. As one of Dandy's early engineers, you will play a key role in the success of our team and company. You'll be challenged to learn new technologies, given the freedom to solve problems on your own, and will learn by doing.
Our stack: TypeScript, NodeJS, NestJS, React/Redux, PostgreSQL, GCPWhat You'll Do
What We're Looking For
- Develop features and improvements to Dandy's products in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Reinvent an analog experience and disrupt a legacy industry through novel and scalable product design.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within EPD to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices.. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions.
Bonus Points For
- 6+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in a high growth startup environment
- Ability to understand how our business functions and how challenges and bottlenecks can be addressed through the Engineering team.
- A collaborative, pragmatic, and growth-oriented mindset. We are a small but mighty team and everyone must be aligned on our goals.
- The ability to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers and clear status updates.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a remote-first organization.
What Benefits We Offer
- Experience with TypeScript
- Time spent at a venture-backed startup during hyper-growth
- Relentlessly positive attitude, a strong sense of humor, and the ability to have fun at work
- Fully sponsored best in class healthcare including medical, dental, and vision
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- 401k program
Dandy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.