It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing! Job Description Summary:
As a Senior Security Engineer with Rocket Software, you are part of a global, fast-paced IT organization with a primary mission to provide world class service to software development labs and internal departments ensuring our employees have access and communication systems to perform as the highest level. The successful candidate will be a highly technical individual with primarily responsible for implementing, monitoring, managing security devices, equipment, controls, and technology and also be working with the LAN and WAN environments. Additional responsibilities include monitoring, analyzing and resolving issues in a proactive way. The ideal candidate will be working in a fast changing and fluid environment Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage various security systems and appliances including firewalls, IDS/IPS, logging, and other devices
- Design and architect security systems and solutions
- Analyze and respond to threats and other necessary investigations
- Develop and support monitoring, data visualizations, data reporting and analytics
- Collaborate in creating business monitoring requirements
- Protect Rocket customer and intellectual property data
- Integrate security solutions into LAN, WAN, and SD-WAN topologies.
- 5+ years of experience with security technology management and operations, including system deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting in a global enterprise environment
- Experience with Palo Alto, Cisco Firewalls, and F5 Load Balancers
- Experience planning, researching, and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Experience working with secure networks, systems, and application architectures
- Knowledge of building highly available systems with redundancy and DR/BCP in mind
- Knowledge of incident response and threat intelligence programs
- Knowledgeable in routing and switching network technologies (BGP, OSPF).
- Experience with logging and multifactor authentication
- Designing and maintaining remote access systems (VPN)
- Assist with trouble ticket resolution
- Experience providing user guidance, documentation, and consultation
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, self-motivated, results-driven and well organized.
- Demonstrate proven track record in addressing technical issues
- Experience with explosive growth and variable requirements
- Experience with change and incident management processes
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: or send an email to . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!