What can go right when you can grow your career?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, we have over 150 years of experience, serve more than 25 industries, and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities so you can reach your full potential and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. With the support of people like you, we are optimistic about leading the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
To refer an internal employee for this position, please click here to submit your referral's information.
To refer an external candidate for this position, please leverage the Refer Friend to a Job process.
Zurich's Risk Engineering Property Northeast Team is seeking a Sr. Property Account Engineer with large property highly protected risk (HPR) experience. This role includes both field and account engineering responsibilities. This is a work from home role, ideally positioned within the Delaware, Maryland/Virginia, New England, New Jersey, and New York area. This role includes a company car with expected travel at 20-30% travel.
This role will be filled at the Property Account Engineer or Senior Property Account Engineer level. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant's experience and skill set relative to the qualifications listed for this position.
Our Sr. Property Account Engineer is responsible for:
- Management of account risk portfolio and providing account level engineering to meet underwriting requirements.
- Developing and implementing customer service strategies that reduce loss and improve customer operations.
- Providing engineering support to underwriting team by attending client broker meetings
- Monitoring property account engineering services to ensure that delivery is proper, on-time, and cost effective.
- Performing field engineering services where necessary, primarily for larger location on accounts and/or prospects within the state region.
- Providing advanced property consultative services to customers, including identifying exposures with significant loss potential, investigation of cause/effect of major losses and property management programs
- Assisting in marketing Zurich risk transfer insurance products in conjunction with underwriting professionals and agents across company business segments.
- Bachelor's Degree and 6 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering area
- Experience working in a team environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Fire Science, or related degree
- HPR Property experience
- Risk Engineering experience within the insurance industry
- Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS)
- Strong communication and consultative skills
- Outstanding collaborative skills
- History of working successfully in a team environment
- High degree of proficiency related to PC and Software or systems
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or negative COVID test results when allowable, to a third-party vendor. These are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers' expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - New Jersey Virtual Office, AM - New York, AM - Philadelphia, AM - Boston, AM - New York Virtual Office, AM - Pennsylvania Virtual Office, AM - Delaware Virtual Office, AM - Maryland Virtual Office, AM - Virginia Virtual Office
Remote Working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-KF1