Zurich is currently looking for a Senior Construction Risk Engineer for the Construction Casualty team. This is a work from home virtual role with a periodic office presence, to reside within the Midwest region (Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin). The position includes a company car with expected overnight travel of 25%-30%.
As a Senior Construction Risk Engineering Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Providing industry expert risk assessment services for customers and underwriting business partners.
- Leveraging Zurich's risk engineering tools and services to improve customer risk and general account management of customers who purchase Zurich Construction Insurance products such as: Casualty, Workers Compensation, General Liability & Business Auto
- Providing technical support to customers, underwriters, and the claims department by identifying improvement strategies, preparing external reporting to the marketplace, preparing internal reports which form the basis of underwriting, claims and other insurance decisions to identify and manage risk.
- Delivering high quality construction consultative services to customers, including identifying exposures with significant loss potential, investigation of cause/effect of major losses and hazard/safety management programs.
- Effectively consulting with customers to improve their risk management, corporate risk management, and safety programs. Selling services with excellent interpersonal, communication and consulting skills.
- High level public speaking, presentations, marketing and selling a wide range of fee services.
- Providing advanced level risk management training for customers, strategic service planning to reduce construction exposures, service coordination, mentoring, marketing, and loss investigations.
- Working closely with our Underwriting business partners to coordinate multiple new business submissions and quick turnaround work assignments.
- Developing project specific QA/QC plans, safety plans, fleet safety plans & stretch & flex programs.
- Bachelor's degree and 6 or more Risk Engineering or Construction Field Operations, Engineering/Design, or Risk Consulting.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in Risk Engineering or Construction Field Operations, Engineering/Design, or Risk Consulting.
- Have a high level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office and IOS platforms
- Be experienced working in both independent and team environments.
- A strategic thinker, creative, confident, self-motivated, ability to sell products/services.
- Degree in Engineering, Safety Management, Risk Management, or Construction Management.
- Construction Corporate Safety, Project Management, and/or Superintendent experience- mid to senior level position.
- Advanced level knowledge of construction operations, safety, quality and associated construction risks and exposures.
- Professional certifications: P.E., LEED AP, CSP, ARM, CRIS, CHST, etc.
- Construction experience with an advanced level of knowledge of Construction Operations, Risk Management, Safety, Quality Management, Project Management, Engineering/Design/Controls background.
- Leadership and involvement in extracurricular activities, organizations and/or community, public service, or similar activities.
- Willingness to embrace the Zurich Basics, including our values of integrity, Sustainability, Customer Centricity, Excellence and Teamwork.
Final candidates will also be subject to a Motor Vehicle record background check because this position will include a company car.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or a negative COVID test result when applicable, to a third-party vendor. These protocols are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers' expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Illinois Virtual Office, AM - Chicago, AM - Wisconsin Virtual Office, AM - Iowa Virtual Office
Remote Working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-KF1