If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here ($3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
This position sits at the intersection of Human Resources and our Business Leaders. This individual is responsible for shaping the employee experience, ensuring the company's talent grows in meaningful ways, and making business leaders and HR as successful as possible. In this role, the Manager, HRBP, contributes to and leads execution of human resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of the business. The Manager, HRBP will serve as an expert consultant to business leaders on all talent matters, including organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, organizational design, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution.
REMOTE work from HOME
Prefer the Northeast
- Establish and maintain an intimate understanding of the organization and the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization, to collaborate on business strategies
- Collaborate with the business on strategies to ensure the human capital strategy is aligned
- Proactively assess business and organizational performance to recommend and drive action through consultative, influence without authority approach
- Coach business leaders on HR best practices, including talent management planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development
- Plan and lead organization design projects to streamline and implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Assess organizational performance systematically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives
- Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, onboarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent mobility and retention, leveraging rigorous workforce analytics and insights
- Collaborate with recruitment, with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining top talent and on building an internal & external pipeline for future needs
- Use understanding of individual and organizational dynamics to facilitate talent movement into and throughout the organization
- Develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention
- Assess employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill sets
- Work with leaders on the development of their high potential talent to ensure a strong bench
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity - dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place
- Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative) and a trusted thought partner (builds relationships, delivers results)
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business partnering skills with employee advocacy
- Possesses both critical thinking capability and hands on HR business plan implementation experience
- Business Acumen
- Bachelor's degree required Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field
- Eight (8) years or more progressive responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic environment with specific experience in strategy development, organizational design, talent management and change management required
- Eight (8) years or more Experience working with senior leaders (Director & above) in an influence without authority role required
Job Category: General Human Resources
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.