At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA), Product Development organization
is seeking Senior Systems Engineers (Level 4) for the ecoDemonstrator Program
for our Everett, WA
location to lead and support the identification, selection, integration, and test of innovative, sustainable technologies on the ecoDemonstrator flight test airplanes.
As part of this team you will have a key role in developing the total lifecycle of the next new airplane from how it is designed, built, delivered and supported in service. You will help to cultivate an innovative, focused and relevant portfolio of features and capabilities. The successful candidate will be offered the opportunity for significant professional growth in technical expertise, leadership, and business acumen.
The ecoDemonstrator Program's mission is to innovate, collaborate and accelerate the maturation and introduction of technologies to Boeing products, services, productions systems and processes. Since 2012, the program has tested on eight different test platforms to support these technology advancements. We are seeking Senior Systems Engineers who are passionate about airplanes, new technology, sustainability, and shaping the future of air travel. This is a fast-paced, high-visibility environment with opportunity to learn something new each day!
For more information on the program, visit Position Responsibilities:
- Be an integral part of the planning and execution of the ecoDemonstrator Program
- Lead the identification, selection and integration of technologies on to flight test airplanes
- Lead cross-functional teams to evaluate, coordinate, implement and ensure innovative technology installations meet operational, functional, and safe-to-fly requirements to support accelerated technology maturation and overall program objectives
- Lead Preliminary Design Review and Critical Design Reviews
- Lead safe-to-fly planning and execution
- Participate in STEM and industry outreach
- Partner with government agencies, airline customers and suppliers
- Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Evaluate customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Perform various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Perform analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Develop, maintain and identify improvements for the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Resolve cross-functional technical issues.
If you are an aviation enthusiast who is passionate about sustainable aviation and innovation, this would be a great fit for you!
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and global thinkers. We prioritize equity, diversity and inclusion. We focus on sustainability in all we do.
Are you ready to create the future? Build your career in systems engineering with us as together we develop the next generation of airplane and production systems. We are rapidly connecting the present and the future to make the world better. This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options. This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 4+ years of experience leading teams and developing solutions to complex situations
- Demonstrates highly effective communication skills with senior leadership
- Demonstrates high attention to detail, self-starter, results driven
- Experience collaborating across functions and organizational levels
- Critical thinking and excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with colleagues and leaders
- Able to travel a minimum of 5% of the time
- Willing and able to work overtime if needed
- Experience in the Aerospace industry
- Prior experience in an engineering integration role
- Prior experience in a flight test program, airline operator, and/or customer-facing role
- System-level and/or airplane-level knowledge and expertise
- Project management experience
- Quick Learner: ability to quickly understand complex technical concepts across multiple disciplines
- Problem Solver: ability to analyze and organize complex technical problems
- Communicator: ability to translate complex issues into cohesive, actionable components, with ability for individual contributor and executive communication
- Ability to work out of comfort zone, where process definition does not exist or is unclear
- Ability to take ownership/initiative, pull teams together, establish battle rhythm, and remove roadblocks
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Shift:
This position is for 1st shift. Union:
This is a union represented position. Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.