An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Drainage Engineer or Drainage Engineer with at least 5 years post graduate experience. This position can offer fantastic career prospects and progression whilst working on a huge variety of projects with clients such as Local Authorities, House Builders, Network Rail and the Canal & River Trust.
As A Senior Drainage Engineer you will be given the freedom to run your own schemes including detailed design using MicroDrainage (essential when applying), Feasibility Studies, Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Adoptions to name a few.
You will be based in Stockport working for a company that has recently won an award with the ICE in recognition of their training programme so if you have your eye on Chartership this isn't an opportunity to be missed.
Senior Drainage Engineer Responsibilities
- Providing a high-level technical service
- Providing support, training and guidance to other staff
- Developing and retaining specialist knowledge in certain areas
- Reporting to the Drainage and Infrastructure director
- Liaising with other discipline team leaders to ensure technical integration; and
- Financial and commercial management.
- Experience of working in a busy drainage design office is essential, typically with at least 5 years' practical design experience.
Senior Drainage Engineer requirements
- Have a Bachelors or Master's degree in an appropriate subject
- Conversant in MicroDrainage, AutoCAD and Civils 3D
- Knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, SuDs design and management
- Working knowledge of drainage design principles and practice
- Ability to manage your own time effectively and be able to prioritise your workload
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently with supervision
- Have an appreciation of technical governance procedures and how they are applied within a consulting engineering environment
- Working under supervision you can produce technically sound engineering solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and client requirements
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.