If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here ($3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
We are looking for a new team member to join the Maintenance team who is passionate about employee growth and development. We need a leader with a vision to ensure we bring our training into a virtual and digital world, as well as someone who can visualize and design a new employee experience for our technicians. A successful candidate will be forward-looking, strategic, collaborative, innovative, and have a desire to lead in a dynamic environment.
In this role, you will be a strategic partner and leader as you work closely with regional and local business leads as well as the corporate L&D team, and other HR functions (e.g., Staffing, HR business partners, and compensation) to strategize effective ways to educate, train and retain our technicians.
This position is remote with some travel to different locations in the US.
- You will drive and oversee the development of our Technician learning journey from strategy to execution and have the opportunity to contribute to the success of our people by developing quality and relevant learning initiatives
- Develop and lead the maintenance technical training team, with an emphasis on building technical skills, developing a strong bench to support organizational growth, and retaining employees
- Have a vision for and be responsible for the virtual training strategy for the maintenance technical team
- Provide expertise in the development and execution, planning, and facilitation of employee growth and retention efforts
- This role will support recognition programs for Technicians
- This role will support and design employee engagement activities
- Design and help to facilitate onboarding programs for new employees
- In partnership with other functions, maintain and develop onboarding materials
- Create new employee experience programs including the design and development of materials
- Lead the maintenance technical communications team and maintenance publications
- Focus on and create a strategy to upskill the technician workforce as we move forward into electrification
- Recommend initiatives to increase the retention of technicians
- Focus on the Technician employee experience
- You will build relationships at all levels, bringing innovation and insights to these conversations and the overall technician employee experience
- 10+ years' experience in Learning and Development
- 8+ years of management experience
- Bachelor's degree required, relevant post-graduate degree or certifications are preferred
- Experience building or growing a learning & development virtual training curriculum
- Excellent leadership, problem solving, analytical and written and oral communication skills and the ability to lead a function
- Bringing innovative ideas and knowledge of current and emerging learning technology trends and experiences to your projects
- Leveraging consulting skills to achieve results and deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and projects
- Performing in a fast-paced, service oriented environment and managing tight timelines and deliverables across multiple projects and teams while staying true to Ryder's values and culture
- Using agile project management techniques to successfully manage teams and meet business requirements
- Communicating and working in ways that build relationships with team members, SME's and other internal stakeholders
- Taking the perspective of our technicians to make communications, experiences, and any touchpoint part of the individual learning experience
- Linking instructional design, evaluation, learning assessment, and technologies when recommending learning solutions
- Analyzing data and communicating data insights to measure impact and drive decision making
- Navigating a complex matrix structured organization; experience doing so virtually is strongly preferred
Travel - Anticipated at 20% - 30%
Job Category: Training and Development
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.