Senior Design Engineer Glasgow/Edinburgh Your new company currently manages, maintains, and improves 1962km of Scottish trunk road including over 2000 bridges and structures through some of the most scenic, but challenging, parts of the country. That means delivering £million investments on road maintenance and improvement every year. Your new role
- Assisting in the day-to-day management of the Team
- Assisting in managing the Team's financial and commercial performance
- Overseeing & assist with the delivery of Minor Improvement programme
- Preparation and development of design briefs
- Preparation of designs ensuring compliance with relevant technical standards and taking into account current legislation on Health and Safety, Environment and Accessibility
- Preparation of preliminary and detailed cost estimates
- Ensuring compliance with company's Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures
- Liaising with key stakeholders
- Manage the programme for individual projects.
- Assist with the delivery of winter maintenance, as required.
- Produce and archive of drawings, documents, and scheme files.
- Comply with technical standards of design and construction.
- Assisting other senior staff as required.
What you will need to succeed
- Current experience/qualification in a relevant discipline, typically at degree level, preferably chartered or working towards MICE or MIHT.
- Previous experience within a civil engineering environment.
- Must be able to work to strict deadlines.
- Commercial awareness.
- A full approved UK driving licence.
What you will get in return
- A tailored, competitive salary
- Pension and life assurance
- Up to 34 days annual leave per year
- Additional annual leave purchase through Salary Sacrifice
- 2 paid days per year to help to support your charity of your choice
- BEAR Rewards - shopping discounts and cashback
- Employee Assistance Programme available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible/Hybrid working
- Development and progression plan
What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.