Our world has never been more alive with opportunities and, at Kyndryl, we're ready to seize them. We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Kyndryl is at the heart of progress - dedicated to helping companies and people grow strong. Our people are actively discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. At Kyndryl, we want you to keep growing, and we'll provide plenty of opportunities to make that happen.
Please be aware that we have the Kyndryl candidate zone hosted by IBM for a certain period. If you have applied for an IBM role previously, you will be able to log into the candidate zone using your previous IBM log in details. When in the candidate zone, you will be able to see your previous applications for both IBM and Kyndryl.
For further information on privacy, please visit
Your Role and Responsibilities
An Operational role where responsibilities span the build, deployment and support of SIEM services for Managed Hosting, Private Cloud and Public Cloud solutions for our customers global customer base. The Senior Cyber engineer will work with key stakeholders to drive continuous improvement in services and resolve complex challenges in customer infrastructure. They will be required to diagnose and document customer implementations to a high standard and provide the right technical skills to enable the technical analysis and timely resolution for any service issues or SIEM alerts within agreed Service Level Agreements. The Senior Cyber engineer will ensure that the complexities of the customer infrastructure are understood, and provide support to further enhance stability and service, developing new services, making fundamental changes to the SIEM infrastructure and defining new standards using agreed business processes and best practice. They will be expected to significantly contribute toward, review and approve new product and service releases and work with stakeholders to develop enhancements to our existing services whilst continually supporting colleagues in escalations and sales opportunities. The engineers will feed in to and drive internal service improvement processes and initiatives, providing a level of Security assurance to stakeholders and customers for Security related alerts/events. Advising stakeholders on and driving Security Incidents to resolution as well as proactively analysing networks in line with industry best practice. They are required to proactively research vulnerabilities in the world, assess their threat/risk within our customer networks and develop detection mechanisms with colleagues.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Continually review all SIEM solutions to ensure they are implemented in the most appropriate manner and fit for purpose in line with agreed quality SLAs and KPIs and industry best practice.
• Define and embed consistent build and operational processes to support on-going support activities, driving improvements.
• Delivery of 3rd line technical support during core hours and via on-call rota (24x7) for Security Incident Response across multiple client environments.
• Lead incident resolution matrix teams to restore service in complex cross-technology environments. Determining root cause and providing recommendations/lessons learned.
• Planning, assessment and implementation of complex change requests.
• Work with and support the product development teams to ensure requirements are clearly communicated and considered for new products and technologies. Review all new releases prior to approval into service delivery.
In joining Kyndryl you will work for a company that invests in your future and join a team culture that amplifies learning and development agility. Kyndryl has a flexible working policy offering a number of options from reduced hours, or job share, to home working. These ensure a better balance and improved flexibility both inside and outside of work for you. You can discuss our flexible working options with our managers when you apply. And don't forget to ask about our Summertime Flexible Fridays!
Plus, we offer a Flexible Reward benefits scheme, where you can personalize your benefit rewards. Our excellent employee benefits range from medical and dental, to employer contribution pension, buying vacation days, cycle to work, childcare vouchers and 1000's of online or high street discounts.
Kyndryl is also unique amongst other technology services companies in the UK, in that it offers Carbon Literacy training to employees as part of its wider commitment to ESG, helping educate employees and empowering them to take action to reduce their carbon footprint both personally and professionally.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Extensive experience of Security Incident Handling & Security Incident Response (minimum of 5 years).
• Experience in ruling and tuning Enterprise level SIEM tools.
• Extensive Operations experience (minimum of 3+ years).
• Ability to achieve SC & NPPV3 Clearances.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Coding and Scripting experience (Bash, SQL, regex, Python).
• Extensive experience working with IDS technologies (e.g. Cisco/TippingPoint/Snort etc).
• Extensive knowledge of Security including types and methods of cyber-attack and underlying network protocols.
• Extensive experience escalating incidents to, and in driving incident resolution with, technology vendors and stakeholders.
• Demonstrable experience in supporting large, complex Networks and Hosting Estates using multiple technologies including:
o Managing SIEM's (e.g. ArcSight/AlienVault/LogRhythm).
o IDS/IPS technologies (e.g. Cisco IDS/Cisco FirePOWER/Cisco FireSIGHT/Symantec HIDS/Carbon Black).
o Network analysis tools (e.g. Wireshark, NetworkMiner).
o Firewalls (e.g. Cisco/Checkpoint/Juniper/Fortinet)
o Load balancers (e.g. F5's)
o Proxies (e.g. Bluecoat, zScaler)
o Enterprise level Operating Systems (e.g. Windows Server, RedHat Linux).
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Professional Industry Recognised Certifications e.g. SANS, CEH, RHCE, CISSP, CISM etc. or equivalent experience.
• Good understanding of ITIL principles and able to apply them.
• Degree Level qualification(s) in: Computer Science, Computer Security or Computer Forensics (or equivalent/extensive industry experience).
High School Diploma/GED
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary Job Category
Role (Job Role)
Some travel may be required based on business demand
(Y072) Kyndryl UK Limited
Is this role a commissionable / sales incentive based position