Zurich is currently looking for a Senior Construction Specialties Risk Engineer for the Builders Risk and Professional Liability Lines of Business. This is a work from home virtual role with a periodic office presence, to reside within the San Francisco, Southern California, Denver, CO and Seattle, WA area.
The role includes a company car with expected travel of 25 - 30%.
You will be responsible for leveraging Zurich's risk engineering tools and services to improve customer risk and facilitate general account management of customers who purchase Zurich Construction Insurance products (Builder's Risk and Construction Professional Liability). You will be responsible for managing business partner relationships within the region. Risk Engineering services may include remote and onsite surveys and risk assessments of construction companies and projects, as well as the overall operations review of existing and prospective customers. Risk Engineers also provide technical support to customers, underwriters, and the claims department by identifying improvement strategies, preparing external reporting to the marketplace, preparing internal reports which form the basis of underwriting, claims and other insurance decisions to identify and manage risk.
Final candidates will be subject to a Motor Vehicle Record background check as this position includes a company car.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 or more years of experience in the Construction, Engineering, Design, or Risk Consulting field
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Construction, Engineering, Design, or Risk Consulting field
- Have a high level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Be experienced working in both independent and team environments
- Be legally eligible to work in the U.S. indefinitely
- We select team players who are strategic thinkers, creative, confident, and self-motivated.
- Bachelor's degree in either Engineering, Construction Management, Building Technology, or equivalent
- Hazard identification & mitigation skills; analytical aptitude
- Construction Project Management/Engineering/Design/Controls background
- Knowledge of standard building codes
- Knowledge of Construction Specialty insurance products: professional liability, construction property/Builders Risk, subcontractor default, or surety
- Intermediate knowledge of exposures, controls and best practice risk improvement methodologies
- Capable of public speaking, presentation skills and marketing of services for fee
- Insurance industry certifications; Construction Association affiliation
- Comfortable with technology, building information modeling, standard computer software programs, and communication applications
- Construction experience with an advanced level of knowledge of construction processes, construction management, quality management, associated risks, and exposures
- Professional certifications: P.E., AIA, LEED AP, CSP, ARM, CHST, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and consulting skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, iOS/iPad Skills, Virtual Consulting
- Leadership and involvement in extracurricular activities, organizations and/or community, public service, or similar activities
- Willingness to embrace the Zurich Basics, including our values of integrity, Sustainability, Customer Centricity, Excellence, and Teamwork
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or a negative COVID test result when applicable, to a third-party vendor. These protocols are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers' expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - California Virtual Office, AM - San Francisco, AM - Denver, AM - Seattle, AM - Colorado Virtual Office, AM - Washington St Virt. Office
Remote Working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-KF1