Purpose of Job
We are seeking a Senior Audit Manager for our San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Tampa, FL, or Charlotte, NC facility.
This is a hybrid role. USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days onsite are settled between each employee and the employee's manager. Relocation assistance is available.
This position is for a Senior Audit Manager role within the Audit Services Training team within the Professional Practices Group (PPG). The Audit Services Training team promotes programs that are crucial in addressing skill gaps, driving individual employee development, and supporting collective advancement of audit knowledge. This position involves collaborating with all levels of audit management and PPG to assess business and employee needs related to training and utilizing internal audit knowledge to influence all aspects of training development and delivery, including course planning, design, development, implementation, communication, evaluation, and reporting. This position will lead large-scale training initiatives and deliverables and will represent Audit Services needs with enterprise Learning and Development.
Job Requirements About USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. Primary Responsibilities:
- Influences business and clients across the enterprise regarding effective internal controls and mitigating risks across the full Enterprise taxonomy and challenges business management to adopt appropriate policies and procedures and effective controls designed to mitigate risks.
- Leads audit engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements, specialized audits or business audits recognizing the cross-matrixing and cross-functionality within the specialized functions/business areas.
- Independently prepares, reviews, and leads continuous monitoring and advisory activities, special reviews and investigations.
- Ensures assigned audit engagements are completed objectively, professionally, timely and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Approves the engagement risk and control matrix and scope of the audit for final review and approval by Audit Leadership.
- Proactively identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment providing recommendations for corrective action. Drafts the related audit issues and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership conducting follow-up activities.
- Responsible for quality of audit reviews with final signoff of work papers; proposes and/or recommends updates to the universe risk assessment of the entity based on audit results.
- Leads team activities and provides feedback to the team on audit activities related to planning and scoping, testing and sampling methodology and testing conclusions that demonstrate critical thinking ability.
- Builds and enhances client relationships across the organization for areas of responsibility helping to drive strategic objectives with the business.
- Communicates effectively with business/clients to include delivering both risk-based and difficult messages. May be asked to communicate with regulators and executive leaders.
- Provides recommendations on staffing assignments to audit leadership and guidance to staff members.
- Provides coaching and guidance to other auditors ensuring timeliness and quality of audit engagement deliverables. May deliver audit team end of engagement evaluations.
- Provides input into the creation of the internal audit universe and audit entities risk profile. Updates universe risk assessment information with current and applicable research and industry feedback.
- Participates in development of the Audit annual plan for assigned areas of responsibility including proper assessment and coverage of risks and emerging risks and assists with execution of the annual plan.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information Technology. Four additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Broad and comprehensive experience in Audit theory, internal audit principles with demonstrated experience in audit examining, analyzing, assessing, and drawing conclusions from audit work.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and challenging Controls with business partners and influencing business outcomes.
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Experience in a support role, mentoring, and providing feedback to audit team members throughout the audit.
- Experience in overseeing work with both internal and external partners in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques and decision-making abilities.
- Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment undergoing change; ability to deal with competing priorities.
- Experience in leading training development and delivery efforts for a large financial service, insurance or related highly regulated industries.
- Experience working with leaders to determine training needs, support idea generation for training course design and content, develop training materials, and determine the best method for course delivery.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to impact and influence.
- Experience leading cross functional teams and overseeing the work of others in the delivery of a portfolio, including measuring effectiveness and progress.
- 4+ years' experience in large retail bank internal audit departments', or equivalent audit experience (federal regulator, large accounting/consulting firm).
- Expert in-depth knowledge of IIA Standards and guidance, audit-related regulatory guidance, and advanced knowledge of internal controls and auditing techniques.
- Experience with audit engagement support tools including electronic workpapers.
- Preferred designations include CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CFSA (Certified Financial Services Auditor) or other relevant business designation.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. Compensation:
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 - $192,300 ( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average. Shift premium:
will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details. USAA Total Rewards Relocation
assistance is available
for this position.