This position is 100% US remote and must work East Coast hours.
Provides analytics support to customer facing teams including field sales and market access in order to maximize profitability via appropriate resource allocation. Has responsibility for call plan development including territory design, mapping and alignments as well as ensuring cross functional collaboration, communication and alignment with Marketing, Sales, A&I TA Leads and Commercial Operations for a therapeutic sales area. Using analytic methods and data from multiple sources this person will identify drivers of top and bottom performance and recommend opportunities for improvement. They will have responsibility for assisting in the development of field metrics and monitoring of those metrics to provide actionable insights to leaders of supported customer facing teams. They will advise therapeutic area leaders on managing through processes that impact their teams including but not limited to Commercial Operations processes and Incentive Compensation.
Responsibilities include field analytics and analytics support for field leadership and local account managers and organized providers. Key deliverables include call plans, field force optimization models and special projects as requested by customers.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Develop rigorous analyses and provide insights to inform and provide recommendations to guide high-level decisions affecting sales model evolution and customer interface to Sr. Leadership and other stakeholders. Ensure that all relevant information from other functions (e.g. Forecasting and Controlling) is integrated into analyses.
- Provide in-depth and integrated analysis of sales data using basic statistical methods to identify opportunities and insights for customer facing teams to improve/optimize performance and/or successfully develop their local markets. Develop and maintain standardized business analysis and reporting templates to be used in support of therapeutic area business reviews.
- Working with Director Field Analytics, develop appropriate performance metrics for field sales and organized providers/local payer accounts and monitor those metrics to provide actionable insights to leaders of supported customer facing teams.
- Analyze the call planning requirements for customer facing teams and provide analytically sound recommendations on target segmentation, field force capacity and deployment.
- Special projects as directed by Director Field Analytics and HP leadership including national level analytics projects.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required, in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Business/Data analytics, or a related equivalent, with nine (9) years of experience including traditional and and/or account based selling experience and Analytical capabilities.
- Master's degree preferred, in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Business/Data analytics, or a related equivalent, with seven (7) years of Pharmaceutical Experience including Field analytics of experience including traditional and and/or account based selling experience and Analytical capabilities.
- Experience with Excel and Power Point.
- Modeling and Analytics experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of familiarity with plan pull through and understanding of the evolving sales model.
- Proficiency in R/Python and other data extraction and analytical tools such as SQL, etc.
- Technical knowledge of advanced modeling techniques and statistical principles
- Strong interpersonal abilities and capacity ensuring the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to drive projects through multiple layers within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence effectively with all levels of the organization (verbal, written and presentation skills).
- Ability to travel (may include overnight travel).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Compensation\: This position offers a base salary typically between $162,500 and $203,100. There is opportunity to consider higher compensation above this range based on business need, candidate experience and or skills. The position may be eligible for a role specific variable or performance based bonus and or other compensation elements. For an overview of our benefits please click here.
Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person's actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.