Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Purpose
Responsible for consistently communicating, implementing, and maintaining throughout the organization policies, processes, and systems for managing operational risk in all of the bank's material products, activities, processes and systems consistent with the risk appetite and tolerance as per the Bank Standards. Key Accountabilities
- You will be responsible for delivering effective risk-based assurance reviews across our department.
- Identify issues and corresponding actions throughout reviews, along with driving initiatives to achieve greater compliance and business-oriented results.
- Involve in the Bank wide initiatives or any policy changes that may have direct impact to the department.
- Independent Risk and Control function, working closely with all Group and Regional processing teams in Treasury and Markets Operations, from Operation Risk Perspective and New Product ("NPA") launch. Central liaison team to interface with other internal and external stakeholders, eg Business (T&M), Operations, Risk Management Group ("RMG"), Tech and Ops Risk Managers ("T&O RMs"), Audit, Regulators, etc on operational risk management matters/programs and New Product launch.
- Operational Risk Management: Manage the implementation of all aspects of the risk function, including development and implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks. Manage the risk and control assessment reporting process. Conduct and document independent risk reviews on lines of business and ensure conformance to industry and enterprise policies and standards. Partner with enterprise and unit ops risk teams and lines of business to roll out risk and control initiatives, including but not limiting to risk landscape reviews, root cause and trend analysis of ops incidents, monitoring KPI, KCI and KRI, analysis of risk metrics and conduct risk training and workshops.
- New Product Launch: Ensure due diligence in the entire NPA process, covering risk and control areas and timely signoff from support functions.
- New System/Process Implementation: Participate and provide advice in change projects from risk and control perspective.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification.
- Min. 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Knowledge or work experience on Treasury & Markets Products, and support process cycles.
- Analytical and have a problem-solving mindset; able to think out-of-the-box with a good risk and control mindset to identify & challenge risk gaps and recommend effective solutions or remediation plans.
- Previous exposure to risk & control process and cross-departmental coordination will be an advantage.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office.
- Effective written and verbal communicator, team player and proactive.
- Self-starter and able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Comfortable to work with large data sets to identify indicators of potential risk gaps, areas of concern and enable effective data-driven solutions.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.