As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in several ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
As part of the Lead Engineering Group, you will be part of a team dedicated to bringing novel biologic-based medicines to patients. Our team is focused on understanding how molecular properties impact developability and translatability. We use cutting edge techniques combined with dedicated platforms to reduce cycle time and ultimately bring medicines to patients faster.
Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Designs and executes protein design and characterization experiments with minimal supervision. Utilizing techniques which include molecular biology, automated plate/liquid handlers, site directed mutagenesis, cloning, ELISA, SEC, SPR etc.
- Independently analyzes and interprets experimental results and able to formulate and prioritize next steps
- Proposes, follows up and troubleshoots scientific experiments
- Independently presents scientific findings in project team or Department meetings
- Actively participates in cross-functional teams/initiatives
- Independently writes protocols, SOPs, technical reports in accordance with company policies
- Able to work with CROs
- BS degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology or a related discipline plus at least 3+ years' experience OR a Masters' Degree plus at least 3 to 5 + years' experience (preferably in industry setting)
- Hands-on in Molecular Biology techniques such as PCR-based cloning, seamless cloning, construct design, DNA sequence analysis, ELISA
- Apply knowledge of basic theory and scientific principles
- Concise and accurate reporting of technical data and information
- Ability to troubleshoot and multi-task
- Ability to work in team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities\:
- Needs experience or education in one or more of the skills listed above, and the ability to apply those skills to the process.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and knowledge of Molecular Biology techniques related to Antibody/Protein Engineering is preferred
- Experience with Biotherapeutics in an industrial setting is preferred
- Interest or demonstrated skills using structure-based design and iterative protein engineering workflows Hands-on experience in handling automation/HTP antibody discovery and optimization is desired
- Previous experience with display technologies such as phage, yeast or mammalian systems is desired
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person's actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.