Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our Be the Difference culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Assists the Executive Chef in the management of the kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality products.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Manage the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel's restaurant(s) and food service to ensure a quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to company and brand standards.
- Manage staff in the production and preparation areas of the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the associates while providing a safe work environment
- Interview, hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, provide open communication vehicles, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Schedule and manage the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
- Monitor, analyze and control all labor and food costs; prepare the appropriate reports, charts and schedules to ensure budgets are met/exceeded while quality is maintained/improved.
- Assist the Executive Chef in the creation, costing and implementation of seasonal and special menus.
- Should assume the responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his/her absence.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Three+ years of employment in a related position.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or complex problems and food and beverage management.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.
What are we looking for?
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.