This job is located in Cheektowaga.
Join Our Team: Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Overview:
Don't Look For Job, Find a Career...
DRAMATICALLY INCREASED WAGES FOR CRITICAL NURSING ROLES, including CNAs, LPNs, & RNs. Apply today - you're eligible for our new rates. Shift Differential Increases are also in effect.
Elderwood at Cheektowaga is seeking a caring & responsible Registered Nurse (RN) Unit Manager (Subacute Rehab Unit) to join our clinical leadership team.
SUB ACUTE REHAB UNIT MANAGER (RN) POSITION OVERVIEW:
- The RN Unit Manager team member assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by being responsible for the Nursing services and oversight of social programming for all residents on his/her assigned unit for a twenty-four (24) hour basis; involves communication with physicians, families, co-workers and other Health Care professionals, management of nursing staff performance, evaluating and hiring of staff, responsible for nursing care reporting, documentation, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- This is a full time position on our Sub Acute Rehab Unit
- General Schedule: 8a-4p
Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Free On-Site Parking, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule!, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes!, Quiet suburban neighborhood, Substantial employee referral program, Tuition reimbursement program, Uniform Provided Responsibilities:
- Assure responsibility for the development, implementation, and evaluation of a residents' nursing care plan, and the coordination of the interdisciplinary goals and approaches to the needs or health care problems of residents.
- Ensure the unit and environment is maintained in good order for the well being of staff and residents.
- Attend all meetings and required or preferred in-service training as requested by the Administrator and Director of Nursing.
- Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care for residents or increase job productivity and satisfaction.
- Encourage involvement and recognize staff for making exceptional contributions.
- Possession of a state license in applicable state you are performing work and current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse
- Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience and at least one (1) year of experience in a nursing leadership role
- Interest or experience in geriatrics
- Current BLS/CPR
- Experience with dementia population desirable
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical or religious exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.