Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
With stunning oceanfront accommodations and spa services, golf courses, access to extraordinary water experiences, and holistic dining menus incorporating native culinary traditions, Turtle Bay pays tribute to the rich culture of Hawai i while ensuring every aspect of the guest experience deepens a connection to the North Shore spirit.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Under the supervision and direction of the Director of Retail (DOR), the Retail Assistant Manager (RAM), and the Retail Outlets Supervisor (ROS), the Retail Associate, Full Time (RAFT) primary duties are to support management with delegated duties and responsibilities, to provide superior service to all guests. Responsibilities will pertain to the daily operations and staff management of the four Turtle Bay Resort retail locations: Surf House, The Shop, Breeze, and North Shore Watershed.
The key objective of this position is to engage with and provide an exemplary service experience for guests while maintaining a clean and well-organized retail outlet. Under the direction of the ROS, duties include greeting customers and providing them with recommendations on products, unpacking and merchandising products in the outlets, maintaining accurate inventory records, and performing routine cleaning procedures before and after business hours. The RAPT will maintain an energetic presence on the sales floor and assist in evolving in-store functions and flow.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Greet and engage with guests, setting the example for customer service best practices.
- Have knowledge of and upsell customers through product recommendations.
- Effectively deal with customer complaints.
- Ensure implementation of best practices for loss prevention.
- Ensure policies are followed in all point-of-sale operations.
- Support the vision of management to implement store merchandising requirements.
- Ensures there is no merchandise in the stock room that is not on the floor.
- Responsible for maintaining impeccable cleanliness in all areas of the outlets.
- Perform routine inventory counts and submit reports to the DOR.
Community & Culture
- Act as liaison with local communities to generate word of mouth marketing of Turtle Bay Resort.
- Build relationships with guests, repeat visitors, and local community members.
- Live and promote the Turtle Bay Resort culture and inspire other staff to have fun at work.
Qualifications We Seek
- Excellent team player paired with strong drive when working independently.
- Desire to excel and succeed, with strong decision making and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a changing and fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Approachable and fun while maintaining professionalism.
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity and humility.
What are we looking for?
- At least one year in a customer service role with high guest interaction
- A Valid drivers license with no major infractions for 6 months
- Hospitality industry experience is a plus.
- Ability to solve problems when they arise.
- Ability to work in a team environment is a must.
- Pleasant and helpful personality.
- Must be able to work a full shift standing and going back and forth to the valet lot and different areas of the hotel.
- A strong desire to make an impact on other people
- An outgoing and engaging personality
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to stand for the duration of the shift
- Must be available to work various shifts including weekends and holidays
*Some roles including retail store team members report to a co-employer so benefits may differ from those universal to corporate Benchmark-Pyramid.
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.