Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Benchmark Hospitality has recently taken over the management for the beautiful redesigned Riverhouse on the Deschutes! Bringing our world renowned management style with a focus on both the guests and more importantly the team!
Immerse yourself in the unparalleled beauty of picturesque Central Oregon. Our re-imagined 221 room hotel in Bend, Oregon has been completely redesigned to provide guests with modern sophistication and world-class amenities. A relaxing location on the banks of the river is just a preview of the natural beauty and untamed wilderness that surrounds us, beckoning for outdoor pursuits.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
We are looking for someone passionate about the culinary arts to join our Culinary team. This individual must be creative, motivated, and passionate about growing their talents in the kitchen!
Successful candidates for this role will have previous experience working in a professional kitchen environment, with a strong desire to learn, to develop skills and work with the culinary leadership team to create menus which reflect seasonal availability and concept of the restaurant.
The Cook assists the Chef in production and fabrication of food products for kitchen preparation, cafeteria, banquet cooking, dining room, and fine dining. The Cook will maintain a passive leadership role in maintaining adequate production level form the Kitchen staff.
If you have a passion for the Culinary arts and are looking to join a team where you can develop your skills and grow a career, then we want you!
- You will develop your knowledge and skills in various cooking procedures and methods (grill, sauté and fry)
- You will have the opportunity to experience using knives and various kitchen equipment
- You will reach and recreate recipes
- You will be consistent on all food preparation
- You will learn how to minimize food waste through cross utilization
- You will have the opportunity to work with a world class culinary team
- You will create workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- You will prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat)
- You will keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- You will ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- You will be responsible for the quality of ingredients
What are we looking for?
- 1-3 years previous experience working in a professional kitchen environment
- Active Food handler's certification or the ability to get it
- Must be willing to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts
- Requires strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- At least 21 years of age
- Have a desire to exceed expectations
- An energetic personality
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.