Respiratory Therapist Certified - $7,500 Hiring IncentiveLocation:
Danville, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
Rotation Work Type:
Central Region Respiratory Therapy DivisionDate Posted:
Job Summary Are you a Respiratory Therapist or a recent new graduate looking to start your career as a Respiratory Therapist? Through professional growth, quality improvement and interdisciplinary collaboration, we ve built an innovative culture that allows our Respiratory Therapist staff to grow their skillset, develop their practice and leverage their years of experience to build a rewarding, lasting career with impact.
Assesses patient respiratory care needs based on a variety of data. Plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates treatment modalities to meet those needs.
- Coordinates the planning, implementing and directing of activities year round with a focus on developing trust, community unity, support, and development of sober leisure skills through appropriate experiential activities.
- Supervises thee exercise program and fitness center.
- Develops, reviews, and updates recreational policies and procedures to ensure compliance with state and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization laws and standardsCompletes charting requirements, reviewsrecreational assessments on patients during treatment, and updates activities schedule.
- Develops and incorporates activity services into patient treatment plans with primary counselors.
- Orders and maintains inventory of all recreation equipment and supplies.
- Inspects equipment regularly to ensure safety including ropes course and fitness center equipment.
- Performs basic maintenance of recreation areas and equipment.
- Conducts wellness lectures on recreation and recovery topics, staff in-service programs, and buddy meetings.
- Potentially supervises recreation therapy student interns.
- Consults with medical and other relevant staff to determine patients' physical restrictions.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
We re proud to offer:
- Competitive rates for experienced Respiratory Therapists-RRTs and Certified Respiratory Therapists- CRTs
- Up to $5.50/hr shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend shifts
- $7,500.00 Hiring incentive for eligible candidates
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours of personal time per year
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- Shared governance structure that empowers our Respiratory Therapists
- Protocol driven care
- Therapist autonomy
- Evidence-based medicine practices
- Collaboration with Intensivist Critical Care team
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated leaders
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program
Join the Geisinger Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please contact Lorie Lopez, Recruiter-
Education Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Respiratory Therapy (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s) Certified Respiratory Therapist - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC); Member of National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.