** Eligibile for Relocation Bonus
Respiratory Care Practitioner 1 ARRMC (Respiratory Therapy)
Additional Position Details: Sign On Bonus and Relocation Assistance for qualified applicants.
This position is eligible for an $750 employee referral bonus, payable only to our current employees. Please visit to find out more details!
*all bonus payouts are subject to tax
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
Under the supervision of a licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner, the Respiratory Intern provides patient care limited to only those procedures that have been completed in the associated Respiratory Care school curriculum prior to being performed in the hospital patient care areas and completion of hospital competency with documentation. The Intern provides respiratory therapy to patients as ordered by the physician and per protocol according to established standards and practices; utilizes the respiratory care process (assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation) to recommend, coordinate and provide safe, therapeutic respiratory care to patients and work as a secondary RT to assist Respiratory Care Practitioner; collaborates with appropriate disciplines to coordinate continuity of patient care from admission through discharge in support of the respiratory, medical and nursing plans of care; and completes requirements of an EKG Tech, building and stocking of equipment, along with preforming EKGs.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience demonstrating the ability to effectively communicate as needed for the position is required
- Enrollment in an Accredited Respiratory Therapy education program
- Clinical Competency Documentation
- Completion of 1 term of clinical through their Respiratory Care Curriculum
- For ARRMC only: Completion of one term of clinical with Asante, preferred
- BLS: Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider certified through the American Heart Association (AHA) is required upon start
What We Offer for Full and Part-Time Positions
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
What We Offer Our Flexible Workforce (Per diem/On-call)
- Competitive starting wage
- An additional 15% on top of the base hourly rate (if not an employee already in a benefited position)
- Benefit option available through the Asante Flexible Workforce plan
- Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.