Zurich is seeking an experienced Regional Vice President of Program Sales to work out of our Western Territory. We are open to talent working out of our North American Headquarters located in Schaumburg, IL, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Denver, Los Angeles, or San Francisco. Travel for this opportunity is going to be around 35-50%.
With our 60+ years providing Program coverage with more than 40 programs across multiple industries, Zurich is one of the leading writers of Programs business in the US. We are looking for a strong leader that will contribute to the overall growth goals for US Middle Markets focusing on our Programs business. We are looking for someone with advanced knowledge of Program business that will drive and cultivate new and existing relationships and profitably grow Programs revenue.
The ideal candidate will be proactive and solution oriented. They will continue to build deep relationships with the owners of the various Programs Administrators and present the Zurich value proposition to deliver profitable growth in the region.
Additionally, our Regional Vice President of Program Sales is responsible for:
- Managing profitable growth in the Middle Market Programs Portfolio through Programs Administrators and MGA distribution channels
- Developing and maintaining current and new Programs relationships to determine insurance needs in support of business retention and new business goals
- Managing sales pipeline, effectively executes sales strategies and campaigns to achieve goals related to sales calls, submissions, hit ratios, and production.
- Assisting with establishing performance targets to optimize growth opportunities
- Maintaining opportunity assessment with key Program Administrators to identify growth opportunities and generate referral and New Program activity.
- Creating business plans with key Program Administrators that leverage Zurich´s broad range of insurance products and services.
- Effectively using the high efficiency solution-selling platform and integrating outcomes measurement.
- Periodic reviews with Program Administrators, observing their performance to ensure execution of the business plan.
- Qualifying accounts to meet with Zurich´s appetite and partnering with Program underwriters to negotiate and close accounts.
- Coordinating Sales and Development training to current and new Program Administrators
- Bachelors Degree and 10 or more years of experience in the Business Development area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 12 or more years of experience in the Business Development area
- Business development and/or sales experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with Profit and loss responsibility and cost control management
- Experience creating long term revenue producing sales programs
- Insurance knowledge across multiple disciplines, Sales, UW, Actuary
Applicable Only to Jobs to be Performed in Denver, CO
The salary range for this role is $147,100-$183,900. This is the range Zurich NA in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Denver, Co. Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or a negative COVID test result when applicable, to a third-party vendor. These protocols are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers' expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Chicago, AM - Schaumburg, AM - Dallas, AM - Houston, AM - Los Angeles, AM - San Francisco, AM - Denver
Remote Working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-BN1