CoolSys is the parent company of market-leading operating businesses that provide a full spectrum of best-in-class service experiences and solutions to the retail, commercial, and industrial refrigeration and HVAC industries. Our valued and dedicated employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
Richmond Refrigeration, now part of the CoolSys family has been a trusted provider of commercial HVAC-R installation and service to supermarkets, convenience stores, and cold storage facilities for over 20 years.
We are hiring now! ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Provides support on construction job by piping cooler boxes and refrigeration cases, including electrical wiring as required to complete the project.
- Provides the required installation of pipe hangers as directed by the foreman.
- Provides construction support by welding and slip hosing copper pipes, and assists the foreman as needed on the job.
- Provides support by handing cooler box coils and installing new supermarket refrigeration systems or remodeling existing supermarket refrigeration systems.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Knowledge of electrical systems and ability to wire installations.
- Knowledge of carpentry.
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems and piping of refrigeration equipment.
- Knowledge of plumbing and pipe fittings, and ability to pipe refrigeration equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to read blueprints on refrigeration, electrical and plumbing.
- Ability to hang evaporation coils and install overhead hangers.
- Ability to use hand and power tools and good mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of jobsite safety, ability to oversee work activities to ensure safe work practices and safety rule compliance.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent work experience and trade or technical school classes
- 5+ years of experience in the construction industry preferred and hands on field experience in commercial refrigeration, electrical and/or fixtures construction
- EPA Certification (Type II)
- Experience in copper brazing, market remodeling
- Good driving record.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and DMV) as well as post-offer drug testing (including for marijuana) is required for all positions. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local ordinance. CoolSys is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability employer. #JM2022