CoolSys is the parent company of market-leading operating businesses that provide a full spectrum of best-in-class service experiences and solutions to the retail, commercial, and industrial refrigeration and HVAC industries. Our valued and dedicated employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite you to be part of that growth!JOB SUMMARY
The Apprentice 2 - Refrigeration provides support to an installation team by completing tasks in a safe, prompt, accurate, and professional manner and following customer specifications, applicable building code and proper piping practices.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Unload, move and set up walk in boxes and/or display cases.
- Install refrigeration equipment, such as walk in boxes, walk in box evaporators, display cases, underground and case piping, refrigeration risers, PVC jacketing, etc., in accordance with project requirements and under direction of a senior technician.
- Perform all assigned work in a safe and responsible manner. Use hand, power and layout tools, powered vehicles, machinery, and PPE as directed and required by Source, customer, and contract policy.
- Escalate problems and concerns (safety, quality of work, etc.) to on-site senior technicians or project managers promptly.
- Maintain clean and professional jobsites/work areas at all time. Properly store, disassemble, or remove all spare and waste materials created on assigned jobsites.
- Provide assistance and support to senior technician/s on a job.
- Carry out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education or experience equivalent to a High school diploma, GED, or completion from trade program or technical school.
- 1+ years of experience in the construction, refrigeration, HVAC, or other related industry/trade preferred.
- Ability to operate a scissor lift or forklift preferred.
- Knowledge of jobsite safety, ability to perform work in accordance with safe work practices and rules.
- Ability to use basic hand, power and layout tools including drills, fuel gas tools, electrical meters, measurement tools, etc.
- Knowledge of refrigeration system valves and regulators.
- Knowledge of electricity basics, voltage and color codes, electrical safety.
- Ability to be punctual and dependable.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a variety of working conditions, including scaling ladders to various heights, outdoors in hot/cold temperatures, in noisy environments, etc.
- Ability to use typical computer tools including E-Mail, Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations including fractional addition/subtraction, multiplication, division, and measurements.
- Ability to read, write and communicate timely, clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work constructively in a team environment and follow instructions from senior technician.
- Ability to understand and follow all company policies and procedures and all applicable State and Federal laws.
- Good driving record.
Pre-employment background screening (criminal and DMV) as well as post-offer drug testing (including for marijuana) is required for all positions. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal law, state law, or local ordinance. CoolSys is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability employer.