Description Job Schedule:
Per Diem Standard Hours:
1 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
1 shift per week either on Saturday or Sunday
Get MORE from your career with Hartford HealthCare
Hartford HealthCare's Behavioral Health Network, the largest and most integrated behavioral health system in New England, has a new opportunity available for a weekend per diem Psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner to join our cohesive Crisis / Emergency Department team at Charlotte Hungerford Hospital (CHH), a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut.
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
- The Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner operates alongside Crisis workers (LCSW's) performing psychiatric assessments and dispositions for patients coming into Crisis. He/she would do their own evaluations as well as determine the disposition of the patients seen by the Crisis workers
- Weekend per diem shifts on either Saturday or Sunday
- The opportunity to manage a diverse patient population while working in a supportive team setting with approachable leadership
- Frequent collaboration with other medical and mental health specialties
- A welcoming small town hospital culture with the resources and support of one of the fastest growing healthcare systems
- Competitive compensation and malpractice coverage
- The Department of Psychiatry at CHH provides a full continuum of behavioral health services that includes an Adult Inpatient 17 Bed Unit ( 650 admissions), Emergency Department Crisis Intervention (2,048 visits), Partial Hospital/Dual Diagnosis (4,018 visits), Adult & Child Outpatient (33,335 visits), In-home Infant Mental Health, Mental Health Services to the Homeless, and Community Case Managers for those with substance use needs. CHH is highly regarded for its community health focus including leading the Northwest Caring Connection network of community behavioral health providers and the Litchfield County Opiate Task Force.
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Behavioral Health Network at Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of diversity, inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Located between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
Eligibility to be licensed in Connecticut as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) is required. Eligibility to be certified as Psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP) is required. 1 year of experience practicing within psychiatry as an APRN is required.
For additional information:
If you are looking for MORE FULFILLMENT IN YOUR CAREER, e-mail Samuel McNeil, Provider Recruiter, [email protected] or call/text 860-637-5571.