Reports to: Head of Programme: Professional Pathways
Location: West London - currently operating an agile working policy with two core days (Mon and Weds) in the office
Contract: FTC 12 months
Pattern: 0.8. Flexible for right candidate
Closing date: Thursday 6 th October 2022 at 10am
Interviews: w.c. 10th October & w.c. 17 th October 2022
About the role:
Professional Pathways is Ark's unique approach to delivering vocational qualifications in its thirteen sixth forms. With over 800 students on the programme, the Programme Officer is responsible for the shape of the bespoke wrap-around curriculum that forms part of the Professional Pathways programme. The wrap-around curriculum involves a combination of weekly Work Readiness lessons (centrally authored, school delivered) and student conferences - designed to ensure students have the knowledge, habits, skills and mindset they need to select, secure and succeed in their post 18 destination.
- Strategic leader of the wrap-around provision of the Professional Pathways programme (Work Readiness curriculum and student conference series), reviewing and updating the curriculum and supporting resources as required, to evaluate its efficacy in preparing BTEC learners to select, secure and succeed in high quality post-18 destinations.
- Lead the design, delivery and evaluation of the student conference programme, using higher education and employer partners to enrich students' experience and widen their exposure to the variety of post-18 destinations available to them
- Work with the Education Partnerships Manager to maintain relationships with partners who support the BTEC wrap around curriculum.
- Lead the Professional Pathways recruitment strategy to ensure schools have high-quality resources to support recruitment activity at different points in the school year
- Experience of curriculum development, working with and in schools to create high quality resources.
- Understanding of the challenges facing BTEC students and students from disadvantaged backgrounds when progressing to Higher Education and competitive apprenticeships.
- Knowledge and experience of the post 18 destinations landscape and supporting students to be 'work-ready'.
- Experience of working with a variety of stakeholders, including school leaders, teachers, students and employer partners to plan and deliver events.
- Knowledge of the Skills Builder Framework and assessment tools.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
View the full job description and person specification here .
We're an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we're a network of 39 schools, educating around 28,500 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference and we're recognised as one of the highest achieving academy groups in the country.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising with each year of service and full office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Regular social events, monthly free breakfast, and daily fruit
- As an Ark employee, you will have the opportunity to be part of the TPT (The Pension Trust) scheme, our workplace pension scheme where we make an 11% contribution; you are not required to contribute towards this scheme unless you choose to. Depending on your role you may also be entitled to LGPS which is a defined benefit scheme where you contribute a percentage based on how much you earn (as do we) in exchange for a guaranteed amount in your pension pot every year
- Access to high-quality professional learning throughout your career, offering both face-to-face sessions and a bespoke online learning platform
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bike, gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym and free eye tests
How to Apply:
Apply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by Thursday 6 th October at 10am but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response.
Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Ark Schools are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, with a broad range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Please click here to learn more.