At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At the center of the efforts for BCA's focus on stabilizing and improving the production system, our Production Engineering organization is growing! We are looking to fill multiple management level position across Puget Sound with qualified candidates passionate about leading Boeing into the future.
Candidates will be considered for leadership roles on teams performing any of the multiple Production Engineering roles (Manufacturing Engineering, Equipment & Tool Engineering, Liaison Engineering, and Industrial Engineering), so adaptability and the ability to learn quickly are essential. The team is looking for leaders who bring diverse perspectives, curiosity and creativity when approaching challenges, and an passionate desire for improvement.
Technical leadership and aptitude is essential for success in these roles along with the people leadership skills to develop and inspire a diverse team to reach a shared goal and vision. Strong candidates will have demonstrated success in developing and maintaining relationships with customers, stakeholders, and peers, as well as strong problem solving skills, willingness to take initiative, and the ability to work across multiple functions to lead the development and implementation of production system solutions.Primary Responsibilities:
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylum
- Lead teams responsible for the development, sustainment, and continuous improvement of the production system. Elements include but are not limited to: process engineering, manufacturing support, build plan development, production equipment procurement and implementation, technical management of suppliers, and introducing new technology.
- Lead special projects supporting key company priorities. Projects may include but are not limited to: stabilize and improve efficiency of the production system, enable rate increases on our production lines, manage incorporation of product and process changes into the production system, and improve first-pass quality.
- Oversee technical management of suppliers and research and technology teams in the design, sourcing, and implementation of new technology and processes into the production system.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, business partners and direct reports. Leverage network to seek broad input on key projects and initiatives.
- Manage, develop and motivate employees to achieve their best as individuals and as a team.
. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor degree or higher in engineering, engineering technology, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of experience in a professional engineering role
- 3+ years of experience working in a production environment
- Experience leading or managing teams
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- ABET accredited degree
Drug Free Workplace:
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- This position is for 1st shift.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.