Zurich North America is currently recruiting for a Product Specialist Manager (AVP level or VP level) for our Financial Lines Business Unit in our New York City office. In this exciting role you will use your strong leadership and people management skills, along with your expertise in Directors & Officers, Employment Practices Liability, Fiduciary, Cyber, Crime, Fidelity Bond, and Financial Institution E&O insurance products to help construct policies, create coverage enhancements, draft manuscript endorsements and lead a team of Product Specialist attorneys while partnering with our Product Officers, Market Basket leaders (public, private/not-for-profit, and financial institutions) and other key constituents.
This role will be filled at either the AVP Manager level or VP Manager Level. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant's experience and skillset relative to the qualifications listed for this position
The Product Specialist Manager (AVP or VP) will be responsible for:
- Leading the development and implementation of new policies, coverage enhancements and manuscript endorsements for D&O, EPL, Fiduciary, Cyber, Crime, Fidelity Bond, and Financial Institution E&O
- Identifying market standard product opportunities based upon the latest product line and industry trends
- Advising the Business Unit and Underwriters in responding to coverage requests and drafts language for specific transactions and portfolio coverage enhancements (e.g., Broker and Wholesale Amendatory endorsements)
- Assist with approval of terms and conditions by working closely with either the product team of distribution partners to align on policy wording or risk management departments of customers to understand how their unique exposures should be covered in the policy
- Support underwriting strategy and product development by incorporating lessons learned from competitor forms and approaches to coverage in new products
- Participate in compliance-related queries, including state regulatory exams and state insurance department inquiries
- Lead product refreshes (e.g., updating pre-existing coverages and endorsements) by managing form and endorsement reviews with Corporate Law and Claims Legal
AVP, Product Specialist Manager Basic Qualifications:
- JD and 7 or more years of experience of law practice specializing in the insurance area
VP, Product Specialist Manager Basic Qualifications:
- JD and 10 or more years of experience of law practice specializing in the insurance area
- People Management experience
- Product Management experience including policy creation and manuscript endorsements
- Financial Lines product experience within D&O, EPL Fiduciary, Cyber, Crime, Fidelity Bond, and Financial Institution E&O
- Compliance and Regulatory experience
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Applicable Only to Jobs to be Performed in New York City
The salary range for the AVP level of this role is $191,100- $238,900. The salary range for the VP level of this role is $217,200- $271,500. This is the range Zurich NA in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in New York City. Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or a negative COVID test result when applicable, to a third-party vendor. These protocols are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers' expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - New York
Remote Working: No
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-KH1