Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you're interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay - a company you can be proud to be with.
eBay is looking for a highly talented and self-motivated product manager to join our Risk Platform team to help design, shape, and drive product capabilities for eBay's Risk, Identity and Compliance Product Management team. Risk Management is at the core of Payments done well. Our focus is to ensure the integrity of our marketplace for buyers and sellers who transact with us every single day.
As a Product Manager on the Risk Product Management Team, you will be responsible for building and improving capabilities that will support risk and fraud detection and prevention, focusing on payments fraud, buyer abuse, and collusion. The ideal candidate is a strong generalist, infinitely curious and a desire to learn. You will also represent the voice of the customer and build experiences that employ the least friction for our users but still deliver a risk/fraud-free business for our marketplace.
- Collaborative: You can contextualize and translate a problem and its solution to interested parties of varying backgrounds to ignite passion and support for your product or ideas. You create an environment that inspires others to bring their creative ideas forward.
- Strategic: You can develop a deep understanding of your product vision, the value it brings to customers and its market differentiator.
- Executor: You embody grit and are wired for action. You have an inner drive that pulls you over obstacles and propels you through to the finish line while maintaining impeccable quality and integrity.
You will do:
- Define and drive product strategy and roadmap in collaboration with Risk counterparts like Policy, Policy Operations, Rule writers and Decision Sciences
- Co-lead the Agile scrum team with an engineering counterpart to execute on the roadmap with clear milestones
- Monitor industry trends in emerging fraud threats to identify new product opportunities, prioritize the backlog by actively soliciting and curating ideas from partners
- Build conclusive/bankable hypotheses and design experiments. Monitor key product health metrics and drive insights in partnership with analytics
- Effectively communicate strategies & trade-offs up to senior leaders and down to the development team
You have done:
- Minimum of 3+ years of Product Management experience - Experience in Finance, Banking, Software development or e-commerce a plus
- Bachelor's degree, MS/MBA preferred
- Experience with product development life-cycle, process flows and working in an agile environment
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you're single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn't just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay's Diversity & Inclusion click here:
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at . We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement