A large hospital is seeking a board-certified/board-eligible hematology-oncologist to join their cancer institute in Brewer, Maine. The incoming physician will have a formal collaboration with Dana-Farber Cancer Care Collaborative, all-inclusive services located on-site to include imaging, phlebotomy, radiation, and a lymphedema clinic, and access to over (55) adult oncology clinical trials. Have an opportunity to specialize and focus on specific diseases. You will also have ample daily support of nurse practitioners and oncology certified registered nurses.
Have a full partnership with Jackson Laboratory to provide genomic testing to your patients and a full-service cancer genetic counseling clinic with (3) genetic counselors. There is excellent surgical support that includes a breast program, neurosurgery, cardiothoracic surgery, and colorectal surgery. Multiple disease-specific tumor boards. This is one of the few cancer centers to have its own oral medicine management program. They have a survivorship clinic that is dedicated to the physical and mental needs of cancer survivors.
You will enjoy a flexible, 4-day schedule with an exceptional work-life balance, student loan reimbursement programs of up to $20K per year with no max benefit, relocation, and sign-on bonus, an opportunity for career growth including leadership and teaching opportunities, if desired, and a robust compensation, benefits, and PTO packages.
You will enjoy living and working in Bangor, Maine. It is a regional hub located in eastern Maine, on the banks of the beautiful Penobscot River. Year-round outdoor recreation is at the doorstep with well-developed local trail systems and hundreds of lakes, rivers, and streams. Maine's spectacular coast and mountains are just a short drive away.
Please call Timothy McLean at or send your CV to and refer to job .
- Join a large group of of medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pediatric oncologists, and NPs
- Practice in a state-of-the-art cancer ecnter
- Opportunity to participate in clinical trials
- 100% student loan repayment plan
- Flexible schedules (4-day workweek) with exceptional work-life balance
- The nursing staff and NPs here are amazing so you can focus on patient care
- A partnership with Jackson Laboratory provides genomic testing
- Schools rank among New England's best and the University of Maine is located in neighboring Orono
- Our services are free for you
- We help negotiate your salary and contract
- We coordinate interviews and help with licenses
- Specialized recruiters match your career preferences
- Experienced support teams take care of every detail