Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 3 Shift Details:
Get MORE from your career with Hartford HealthCare
Hartford HealthCare, the largest and most integrated healthcare system in Connecticut, has a new opportunity available for a Neurosurgery Physician Assistant to join our talented APP team in the Fairfield region at St. Vincent's Medical Center, located in Bridgeport, CT.
Some highlights include:
- The opportunity to work autonomously, but collaboratively with a newly recruited team of fellowship-trained attending neurosurgeons and APPs providing specialized care to spine patients including MIS and deformity, intracranial cases, neurovascular (both open and endovascular), peripheral nerve, and neurotrauma.
- A permanent night work schedule to cover in-house duties.
- The permanent night position.
- Rotating weekend and on call coverage.
- Great opportunity to work with autonomy with excellent support from attending neurosurgeons and PA team
- Areas of responsibilities include: managing neurosurgical spine and brain patients on the floor and ICU setting. Intake H&PEs, progress notes consultations, post-operative care, and discharges. Providing neurosurgical consultations in the hospital and in the Emergency Dept. First assisting the attending neurosurgeon with any emergency procedure
- Competitive compensation, matching 401k, tiered medical, and CME reimbursement.
- Surgical background preferred, but willing to train the correct candidate.
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Neurosurgery Team at Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Physician Assistants MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
The Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare is a rapidly expanding Institute with a focus on comprehensive patient care, academics, and research. The Institute enjoys the resources of a system committed to excellence in patient quality and experience and an impressive staff of world class Neuroscience leaders.
- Graduated from an accredited physician assistant / nurse practitioner master's program
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in the State of CT
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse through AACN or ANCC
- For nurse practitioners, ACNP certification and first assist required