Are you interested in working for an organization dedicated to patient care, innovation, and improving people's everyday lives and well-being? Are you interested in working behind the scenes in a pharmacy organization? If so, you're in the right place!
As a Fill Center Pharmacy Technician, you'll be a key part of our collaborative team. You'll bring your skills and expertise to accurately and efficiently filling prescriptions, supporting Pharmacists and ensuring that the pharmacy runs at the highest possible level.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Experience in drug handling protocols and best practices in a time-bound fulfillment order process
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 10 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Remove out of date and expired medications using proper company procedures.
- Train and mentor new department Team members.
- Report errors, omissions and incidents to Pharmacist on duty.
- Perform, under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist, the direct preparation and filling of a prescription.
- Prepare and fill non-auto counted drugs.
- Label bottles and prepackaged items accurately.
- Replenish canisters with consumables needed for prescription fulfillment.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment in order to ensure that company and government requirements are met.
- Recognize, address and escalate system issues.
- Adhere to all company, state and federal policies, laws and regulations, including HIPAA.
- Operate semi-automatic cabinet in order to fill customer orders.
- Maintain production rates and meet quality expectations as determined by leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Central Pharmacy Service Centers: Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with more than 410 stores throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana. Giant Eagle Pharmacy meets a variety of customer needs, from filling prescriptions and administering immunizations to conducting free health screenings and providing patient education serving over 1.8 million patients and dispensing roughly 25 million prescriptions annually. Giant Eagle Pharmacy operates two Central Pharmacy Service Centers that support over 200 retail pharmacy locations. One located in Freedom, PA and the other in Columbus, OH. These are behind-the-scenes centers where Team Members perform a variety of duties including prescription data entry, interacting with physician offices and patient outreach. Giant Eagle Pharmacy's Central Fill facility is also located in Freedom, PA. The Central Fill facility is a closed-door pharmacy operation in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.