General Dentistry opening in Colerain, Ohio.
This office is looking for temporary or permanent placement.
General dentist duties include:
- Conducting oral screenings to identify diseases and infections
- Removing tooth decay and plaque
- Applying prosthetics, sealers and whiteners
We are looking for a Dentist to diagnose, treat and advise our patients on various dental issues.
You ll need to have experience treating a range of teeth and gum problems, from simple cases like removing plaque to more complex procedures (e.g. placing dental implants).
Ultimately, you ll promote good oral health and help patients apply preventive dental care.
- Examine patients medical records
- Prepare patients for treatment (e.g. by applying oral sedation or anesthesia)
- Check teeth, gums and other parts of the mouth, along with X-rays and tests, to diagnose dental problems
- Clean teeth and remove plaque
- Identify tooth decay and replace cavities with fillings
- Design and fit dental prosthetics, such as bridges, crowns and dentures
- Apply teeth-whitening treatments
- Conduct tooth extractions and root canal procedures
- Perform surgeries on diseased tissues and bones
- Prescribe medication as needed
- Educate patients on proper brushing techniques, flossing and fluoride use
- Promote good oral health and preventive dental care (e.g. by scheduling regular check-ups)
- Work experience as a Dentist
- In-depth understanding of dental hygiene
- Experience with dental equipment and tools
- Experience with surgeries and teeth extractions
- A pleasant and compassionate personality with the ability to make patients feel comfortable
- Attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) or similar degree that gives license to practice the dentist profession