Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our Be the Difference culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Join our beautiful Equinox Golf Resort and Spa property in Manchester Vermont.
and build memories by WOWing our guests and members with your culinary creations and delights of the palate.
Be The Difference and come and join us!
What you will have an opportunity to do:
We are looking for a leader and someone passionate about the culinary arts to join our Culinary team as a Pastry Chef.
This individual must have experience working in a high-volume professional kitchen and it is a plus to be pursuing or have a college graduate in the culinary arts.
This individual must be creative, motivated, and a passionate hands-on leader in the kitchen!
Successful candidates for this role will have a proven track record of work with creative menus which reflect seasonal availability based on the concept of the restaurant, responds in a professional and courteous manner to guests and team, and enjoys being a teacher of the culinary arts supporting their team both personally and professionally.
The Pastry Chef will assist with planning and execution of the daily production, preparation, and presentation of all Pastry items for the hotel in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable competitive quality products.
If you have a passion for the Culinary arts and are looking to join a team where you can develop your skills, the skills of your team and grow a career, then we want you!
- You will be the example that the culinary team follows
- You will assist in attract, retain, and motiving the best culinary talent
- You will conduct daily walk throughs of the kitchen, make recommendations for corrections, repairs, cleanliness concerns and improvements if needed.
- You will participate in daily meetings with the team to ensure their preparation, communicating all pertinent information
- You will attend weekly F&B meetings, BEO meetings, leadership meetings, monthly safety meeting and represent the culinary team
- You will manage the finances of the department, analyze, and control costs and manage the budget to achieve a profitable operation
- You will have thorough knowledge of food allergens and handle any guest with food allergies with a high sense of urgency
- You will work with the culinary team to ensure prep sheets are updated and being properly used daily
- You will guide the nightly cleaning of all kitchen areas, follow up with pm stewarding crew to ensure dish area is clean and organized for the following days service
- You will assist the Executive Chef in the creation, costing, and implementation of (seasonal) menus and special menus
What are we looking for?
- Be familiar with basic and advance cooking method.
- Must be able to work long hours including weekends and holidays.
- Have a 2+ years' experience as a Pastry Chef in a high-volume professional kitchen
- Must have basic allergy knowledge
- Must have full knowledge of correct cooking temperatures of all vegetables and proteins, must be able to provide cutting tools needed to perform job as well as a calibrated food grade thermometer.
- Must have full knowledge of the state's health codes as well as the eco sure food safety and health report
- Active Food handler's certification
- Requires strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- At least 21 years of age
- Have a desire to exceed expectations
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.