Via operates the Green Bay Metro paratransit service for disabled members of the Green Bay community who cannot use fixed-route transit services. We are working with a staffing agency, HireArt, to help bring talented and dedicated drivers into the service!
Essential Job Functions
- Operate a paratransit vehicle to transport passengers from their origins to their destinations
- Maintain a pleasant and courteous manner with passengers
- Assist with passenger onboarding and offboarding, including navigating passengers to the door of their destination if further assistance is required
- Maintain scheduled time over an assigned route
- Collect proper fares from passengers
- Operate a wheelchair lift, secure passengers wheelchair and assist passengers with disabilities in boarding
Why join the Green Bay Metro Paratransit Service?
- Competitive pay (up to $14.50/hour)
- Health, vision, and dental benefit plans available
- Industry-leading technology!
To become a Paratransit Driver for Green Bay Metro, you
- Should have a valid driver's license from Wisconsin
- Are 21 years of age or older
- Have more than two years of driving history
- Pass background check and drug test
- Meet other criteria set by Green Bay Metro and our employment agency partner
- and, most importantly, are committed to providing safe and accessible transportation to your community!