This is a great opportunity for a Paralegal or Legal Assistant to join one of the counties leading law firms.
The ideal candidate for this role will already have some Paralegal experience. You will be enthusiastic and will have a good degree of resilience and composure to provide a high- quality and professional service to the fee earners of the Wills, Trust & Probate Team and your clients.
You will be part of a professional team and valued for your individual contribution with support to develop your skills and experience by offering training to the right person.
- Ability to work unsupervised within scope of instructions/protocols from senior fee earners
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently
- Excellent IT skills plus good knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Excel spreadsheets)
- Experience working within an office environment
- Liaise with clients and third parties on behalf of and at the direction of senior fee earners
- The administration of estates including dealing with initial correspondence and information gathering; input of data on the Intelliworks casework system; preparing Probate papers, realise assets and pay liabilities, distribute estates
- Draft Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney under the supervision of senior fee earners
- Produce accurate documentation, reports and correspondence following standard office practices and precedents, to timescales required to meet clients service levels with the agreement of the fee earner
- Ensure that files are maintained in a good order and that clients are kept informed at frequent intervals
- Assist with legal research
- Assisting with the billing process including raising billing guides for fee earners and forwarding invoices to clients
The salary for this posotion is negotaible on experience but we envisage this will be in the region of £24,000 - £27,000 dependent on levels of experience.
Please note there will be a requirement to work in the office at times so applicants must be able to commute to Reading frequently.
There is also a great benefits package available with this role.
Please apply for asap to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!