Operations and Recruitment Manager - Newton Abbot - £30,000 Negotiable DOE
Well Placed HR are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a repeat client, a highly reputable and fast growing retail services business that now employ almost 60 staff across multiple sites throughout Devon. The company is forecast to continue its expansion and they now seek to recruit an Operations and Recruitment Manager to further facilitate this. This is a brand new role within the business and is offered on a full time, permanent and site based arrangement.
Working closely with the business directors, this will be a varied and broad role that blurs the lines between people management, general operations and health & safety compliance. Core features of the role:
- Design, implement and develop a wide range of quality assurance protocols to include QIO and NHSE
- Take a lead responsibility for all aspects of the recruitment process to include advertising campaigns, selection, induction, L&D and performance management
- Play a key role in ensuring efficient employee relations practices and policies, acting as a key point of contacting for almost 60 staff
- Advise and organise staff training and development programs
- Play a lead role in customer quality management
- Work with the directors to ensure that health & safety practices are compliant and effective, identifying areas of risk and organising branch repairs
- Act as data protection officer, reporting any areas of concern to company directors
The ideal candidate: Our client recognises that this is a varied role and will provide training for the successful candidate who lacks experience is some areas. The role will call for a candidate with great leadership skills and experience, motivating and supporting employees throughout the business. Experience of managing staff will be essential as will strong IT skills and aptitude to pick up bespoke systems. A good understanding of up to date H&S protocols and some experience of working to quality assurance standards would be highly advantageous. Having worked with the business directors on several occasions in the past, we recognise that they operate their company with passion and energy and the role would be well suited to a dynamic, commercially astute individual with either an internal recruitment and/or general operations management background.
Please note that the post will require the successful candidate to occasionally travel between retail sites throughout South Devon.
For further details, including a detailed JD, and to apply for this interesting opportunity, please contract Carly Kellow quoting reference CK8700 ASAP.