Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 3 Shift Details:
Get MORE from your career with Hartford HealthCare
Hartford HealthCare, the largest and most integrated healthcare system in Connecticut, has a new opportunity for a Critical Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, to join our well-resourced and quickly growing Critical Care team at Charlotte Hungerford Hospital, located in Torrington, CT.
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
- A diverse patient census including general critical care, pulmonology critical care, and surgical critical care
- Scheduling is primarily nights with some days
- A supportive team environment that is driven by excellence
- Competitive compensation, matching 401k, tiered medical, and CME reimbursement
- The critical care physician assistant or nurse practitioner practices in an inpatient high acuity setting providing care to patients on a 10 bed Intensive Care Unit (ICU). Advanced practitioners admit and round on inpatients under the supervision of a physician. Evaluate the status of any assigned inpatient or outpatient by complete history and physical exam. Order appropriate lab tests, imaging studies, radiographic and other cardiac imaging studies, interpret lab, electrocardiographic and imaging studies. Initiate and write appropriate orders for the care of assigned medical patients including nursing care, nutrition, IV therapy, medications and dressing changes
- We support your development and wellbeing through the respected Hartford HealthCare's Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners, and the groundbreaking Office of Provider Wellness
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital (CHH) is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut. CHH Pulmonary and Critical Care, part of the Charlotte Hungerford Hospital Multi-specialty Group, is a Torrington based practice of Pulmonologists that provides state-of-the-art clinical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment for patients with diseases related to lungs and breathing.
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Critical Care Team at Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Located between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas. To put MORE GROWTH IN YOUR CAREER apply today!
Eligibility to be licensed in Connecticut as a Physician Assistant (PA), or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) is required. Board Certification as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP) or Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) is required for Nurse Practitioners. 1 year of APP experience practicing is required, or 2 plus years of RN ICU experience for new grad Acute Care NP's. Hospitalist, critical care, or inpatient surgical experience highly preferred.