Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
38 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare (HHC) colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
At HHC Advanced Practitioners (APP) enjoy the full scope of advanced practice and receive recognition and respect for their contributions to high quality patient care. We are currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant to partner with the practicing Physicians in our Urgent Care offices in Western Connecticut. Under established guidelines and in collaboration with the practice physician(s) the practicing APP will need to provide:
- Acute care illness and injury management skills
- Perform and interpret EKG
- Venipuncture and Peripheral line placement
- Administration of IM, IV medication
- Dressing Change and wound care management
- Incision and drainage of simple abscess
- Suturing and stapling of simple wounds or laceration
- Removal of sutures
- Apply splints and cast
- Perform Gynecological / pelvic exams
- Interpret preliminary X-Ray findings
- DOT Exams
- Perform contact physicals
- School and sports exam for kids
Scheduling and Practice Locations
- Full-time - 38 hours with benefits
- Rotating schedule during the clinic hours of Mondays - Fridays, 8:00AM - 8:00PM, Saturdays - Sundays 9:00AM - 5:00PM
- Every other weekend scheduling
- Practice locations will include:
- Fairfield, CT
- Monroe, CT
- Shelton, CT
- Stratford, CT
- Trumbull, CT
- Westport, CT
Hartford HealthCare Advanced Practitioners Enjoy:
- No call!
- Competitive Compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- State of the art clinical and informatics technology.
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience.
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
Urgent Care Advanced Practitioner Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master's program
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) required
- One year of experience practicing within urgent care, emergency medicine, or similar setting is required
- Urgent care or occupational health experience is highly preferred
- Training and experience treating patients of all ages; birth through geriatrics
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.