Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Get MORE from your career with Hartford HealthCare
Hartford HealthCare, the largest and most comprehensive healthcare system in Connecticut, has a new opportunity available for a practice based Neurology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our team in Bridgeport, CT.
Some highlights include:
- A supportive and cohesive team that provides outpatient general neurology care to patients which covers any neurology patient ranging from Parkinson's to stroke, to migraines to seizure disorders. The neurology physician assistant or nurse practitioner provides primarily follow up visits
- A stable schedule of days Monday through Friday, with no call!
- Open and approachable attending physicians who are supportive of learning and growth
- Responsibilities include: managing patients, ordering and interpretation of diagnostic results, managing medications, dictation of clinic notes, patient/family education, and attending multidisciplinary meetings
- Competitive compensation, matching 401k, tiered medical, and CME reimbursement
- We support your development and wellbeing through the respected Hartford HealthCare's Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners, and the groundbreaking Office of Provider Wellness
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join The Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
The Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare is a rapidly expanding Institute with a focus on comprehensive patient care, academics, and research. The Institute enjoys the resources of a system committed to excellence in patient quality and experience and an impressive staff of world class Neuroscience leaders.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Eligibility to be licensed as a Physician Assistant (PA) or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in Connecticut is required.
Eligibility to be certified as a PA, Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP), or Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP) is required.
Experience practicing as an Advanced Practice Provider is required.
Experience practicing within neurology is highly preferred.
Located between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas. To put MORE GROWTH IN YOUR CAREER apply today!